awpmusic

Potential User

hi, I use Cubase 4 (and SX3.1) but am seriously looking at Sam Pro for rent - which I think is a great idea. I've looked at most of the major DAWs around and Sam seems pretty good. I just need a little more convincing this is the one before taking the plunge.

Anyone else here moved over from C4 or SX? How easy was it to adapt to Sam? Happy with the switch? Thanks in advance.

hi, I use Cubase 4 (and SX3.1) but am seriously looking at Sam Pro for rent - which I think is a great idea. I've looked at most of the major DAWs around and Sam seems pretty good. I just need a little more convincing this is the one before taking the plunge.

Anyone else here moved over from C4 or SX? How easy was it to adapt to Sam? Happy with the switch? Thanks in advance.

SAM9 Pro has the features I was looking for. I come from Nuendo and Cubase and I am taking the plunge this week. :D

To be honest, after the latest disaster with Cubase 4, I am so fed up with the arrogant and incompetent way this company deals with it's customers, I happily accept a new learning curve. Another plus is the way this forum is kept clean, only registered!

Hi Derm! B)

Thanks for the replies - all very encouraging. The entire forum seems to be a very positive place - that in itself is very refreshing. I've downloaded the demo (only V8) and will give that a try to see how I get on.

I'm trying out the V8 demo. First thing is it hasn't listed all of my VST plug ins. Also I have these in more than one directory - is it not possible to specify more than one VST directory? However it has missed some plug-ins in the main directory - while listing others. Any suggestions? Thanks.

is it not possible to specify more than one VST directory?

Just set up a patch, let sam browse that folder, and setup the next path.. this way sam collects all plug-ins from different places. Some plugs just work with one special host (most of the cubase plugs I think), and the V8 demo might have some problems with subfolders in the VST directories.

is it not possible to specify more than one VST directory?

Just set up a patch, let sam browse that folder, and setup the next path.. this way sam collects all plug-ins from different places. Some plugs just work with one special host (most of the cubase plugs I think), and the V8 demo might have some problems with subfolders in the VST directories.

It would be nice to have a demo of V9 - is that going to happen soon? It would make a decision so much easier.