Sign in to follow this  
FLOW4JC

Installing Vst Effects And Instruments Into Samp Classic V9

I currently use Samp Pro V9 on my desktop and Samp Classic V9 on my laptop. I recently purchased some VST effects and installed them on V9 Pro in the MXSynth folder and they load up perfectly and are running smoothly. However I have been having trouble instaling these plugins into V9 Classic.

Which folder do I install them in on classic inorder to get them to show up and be functioning? Maybe this is something that I need to do using the VST manager. I don't know. Can somebody help me as soon as possible. Thanx.

Greatfully,

In the program preferences "Y", you select a folder for your vsti's and this is where Sam will look for them.

I believe there is a default setting of Sam only looking 2 folders deep. This can be modified, but until you know how to do that, dont go too deep with your vsti folder.

In the program preferences "Y", you select a folder for your vsti's and this is where Sam will look for them.

I believe there is a default setting of Sam only looking 2 folders deep. This can be modified, but until you know how to do that, dont go too deep with your vsti folder.

Hey, thanks for replying. I pressed "Y" and went to the VST/DirectX/Rewire section on the menu. when I went to the VST folder setting, it was empty. I tried a couple of things. 1st I tried to make the MXSynth folder in Samp V9 pro as the VST folder, but that did not work. I kept getting an error message, simply stating "wrong Samplitude version". Next I put the VST plugins in the Sam Classic V9 folder called "Magix Plugins" and then set that as the main folder for VST, but that did not work. Next I made a new folder in the Sam Classic V9 folder entitled VST Plugins, and tried that, but it still did not work. Each time I did this I pressed OK to make the changes final and at the bottom of the Sam window rattled off the names of the plugins, but when I pressed "M" and went to the mixer they were nowhere to be found. I am beginning to wonder if these are really VST plugins. Maybe these are direct X plugins... But as I stated before I installed them in Sam V9 Pro in the MXSynth file along with Robota and Sampletank 2 and they work just fine. After telling you all that I tried, anyother suggestions are definatley welcome. I also emailed tech support at Synthax and they told me the same thing you did. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall them and just start from scratch. Thanx and have a happy and blessed New Year.

Hey, thanks for replying. I pressed "Y" and went to the VST/DirectX/Rewire section on the menu. when I went to the VST folder setting, it was empty. I tried a couple of things. 1st I tried to make the MXSynth folder in Samp V9 pro as the VST folder, but that did not work. I kept getting an error message, simply stating "wrong Samplitude version". Next I put the VST plugins in the Sam Classic V9 folder called "Magix Plugins" and then set that as the main folder for VST, but that did not work. Next I made a new folder in the Sam Classic V9 folder entitled VST Plugins, and tried that, but it still did not work. Each time I did this I pressed OK to make the changes final and at the bottom of the Sam window rattled off the names of the plugins, but when I pressed "M" and went to the mixer they were nowhere to be found. I am beginning to wonder if these are really VST plugins. Maybe these are direct X plugins... But as I stated before I installed them in Sam V9 Pro in the MXSynth file along with Robota and Sampletank 2 and they work just fine. After telling you all that I tried, anyother suggestions are definatley welcome. I also emailed tech support at Synthax and they told me the same thing you did. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall them and just start from scratch. Thanx and have a happy and blessed New Year.

It worked!!! I reinstalled the plugins in a VST Plugins folder and then pressed "Y" to go to set the folder to the newly created folder and "PRESTO" they was ready to roll. Thatz it homie.