John Willett

Samplitude9 Plays Slow In 16/44.1

I have just bought Samplitude9.01 Professional.

Everything is fine with my 24-bit / 96kHz master files.

But - when I make the new file for burning the CD (16/44.1) it all plays back slow.

OK - I know I'm being silly and it's probably staring me in the face - but, please, how do I sort this.

Thanks.

Seems to me you´ve forgot to convert the 96 kHz master wav file to 44.1 kHz, before you load it to a 44.1 vip project.

Open the file in wav edit mode, choose samplerate conversion from the offline effects menu and process it with the best quality algorithm to 44.1.

Seems to me you´ve forgot to convert the 96 kHz master wav file to 44.1 kHz, before you load it to a 44.1 vip project.

Open the file in wav edit mode, choose samplerate conversion from the offline effects menu and process it with the best quality algorithm to 44.1.

Thanks - actually it was a 24/96 VIP project.

I then pressed the "Make CD" which then did the automatic conversion and made a new 16/44.1 wav file of the project and burned the CD.

Playing this wav file came out slow.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks - actually it was a 24/96 VIP project.

I then pressed the "Make CD" which then did the automatic conversion and made a new 16/44.1 wav file of the project and burned the CD.

Playing this wav file came out slow.

I hope that makes sense.

Are you clocked to an external source?

Are you clocked to an external source?

Thanks - the answer is No

Any more suggestions ------ Please...

Each VIP has a definible sample rate. Perhaps your default VIP sample rate is 96k and you are inserting a 44k file?

Each VIP has a definible sample rate. Perhaps your default VIP sample rate is 96k and you are inserting a 44k file?

Thanks - but it's not a VIP - that plays fine.

It's the WAV file made for burning CDs - and I'm playing the WAV, not the VIP.

Is the sample rate of your Fireface set to 44K?

I have just bought Samplitude9.01 Professional.

Everything is fine with my 24-bit / 96kHz master files.

But - when I make the new file for burning the CD (16/44.1) it all plays back slow.

OK - I know I'm being silly and it's probably staring me in the face - but, please, how do I sort this.

Thanks.

Hmm, if you go to the file in Windows Explorer, right click, Select Properties and go to the Summary tab, does it show the 'Audio sample size' as 16 bit and the 'Audio sample rate' as 44kHz? This would narrow down whether the writing, reading or playback of the file is the problem.

BGK

PS And welcome to the Samplitude Forum - I've read your words of wisdom many times on the SoS Forum.

Thanks for the help.

The Fireface 400 is yet to arrive and is for the laptop.

The problem is with the main PC using a Sek'd 24/96 card and RME drivers.

The replay is set to "Automatic".

OK - I got the RME Fireface 400 last night.

BTW - I highly recommend Synthax (RME Distributor) - excellent company - My Fireface 400 will not arrive in the UK until next week, so they have lent me one for my editing session this weekend. Superb service. ;)

Anyway - Fireface 400 into the laptop works absolutely perfectly; both with the 24/96 VIP files and the 16/44.1 CD WAV.

The original problem was with the mains PC - so I'll have to look there again. :blink: