Mr Arkadin

Ok, So I Move From Sx To Samp - Which Vstis Are Ok?

i am seriously close to getting Samplitude Classic, but i just wanted to check on comapatibilty of my VST instruments - so if any of you have them and can comment on how well they work (or not) in Samp i would be very grateful.

Currently i own:

fxpansion BFD

Synthogy Ivory

GForce impOSCar

GForce Oddity

GForce M-Trom

AMG ONE/Solo

and thinking of getting TruePianos.

Everything else i use is on Scope so should be fine.

i am seriously close to getting Samplitude Classic, but i just wanted to check on comapatibilty of my VST instruments - so if any of you have them and can comment on how well they work (or not) in Samp i would be very grateful.

Currently i own:

fxpansion BFD

Synthogy Ivory

GForce impOSCar

GForce Oddity

GForce M-Trom

AMG ONE/Solo

and thinking of getting TruePianos.

Everything else i use is on Scope so should be fine.

Let me add the ones I have as well!

HALion 3

Kontakt 1 & 2

Atmosphere

Trilogy

Stylus & Stylus RMX

Charlie VSTi Organ

Absynth

Crystal

Moog V

Arp2600V

CS-80V

Groove Agent

The Grand

Longe Lizard 1, 2, & 3

EWQL Gold

EWQL Symphonic Choirs

KORG Legacy Cell

Korg WAVESTATION

Korg MS-20

etc.

etc.

etc.

Maybe we should make a list by what manufacturer works and which ones don't! :D

Jamie :lol:

Kontakt, TruePianos and impOSCar work fine here.

That's the ones I have from your lists but I believe

it's safe to say that all Native Instruments, Korg, Arturia

and Spectrasonics products should work fine. I have some

friends/colleagues who use VSTis from those manufacturers

and I haven't heard of any problems.

Regards,

Tobben

Kontakt, TruePianos and impOSCar work fine here.

That's the ones I have from your lists but I believe

it's safe to say that all Native Instruments, Korg, Arturia

and Spectrasonics products should work fine. I have some

friends/colleagues who use VSTis from those manufacturers

and I haven't heard of any problems.

Regards,

Tobben

Thanks Tobben... You're the BEST!!!! B)

Say... what about VST3? I know that's what Yamaberg is working heavily on that one now. I mean... why fix SX3 when you can pimp another $200 by getting everyone to move to C4 right?

Ok.... I won't go there. :D Oops... TOO LATE!!!!! :lol:

But seriously... will Samplitude be able to handle VST3 when it's out?

Jamie

Maybe we should make a list by what manufacturer works and which ones don't! :D

I added a page on the Samplitude Wiki where we can track (non-)working plugins fairly easily. Feel free to edit/add/remove as you see the need.

Oh, I added my own confirmed plugins as well:

• U-He Zebra 2
  • Fabfilter (all plugs)
  • Vember Audio Shortcircuit
  • Vember Audio Surge
  • energyXT (Great complement to Samp for MIDI work, btw)
  • Liveslice

And yes, it's definitely alot easier to track non-working VSTs, since largely by far, everything just-works.

The only ones that dont work fully are the VSTi`s that are able to output midi.. like Groove agent. I have dozens of VSTis ( including all the ones that you mentioned Mr Arkadin, except for BFD) and they all work in Samp. :D

Best, Rich

The only ones that dont work fully are the VSTi`s that are able to output midi.. like Groove agent. I have dozens of VSTis ( including all the ones that you mentioned Mr Arkadin, except for BFD) and they all work in Samp. :lol:

Best, Rich

Groove Agent?????

I use that then most!!! :D

So what DOESN'T work right in it???

Jamie

Groove Agent's MIDI output to the host feature doesn't work with Sam yet, but it should work with the next free update (V9.1) :D

The latest Ivory Piano patch seem to have a problem, but we are awaiting an Ivory package so we can sort that out soon.

Unless VST3 SDK isn't available for non-steinberg developers, we cannot implement it :lol:

Regards,

Frank

Can i just say how much nicer this place is that the old Cubase.net nonsense. Look at this:

The latest Ivory Piano patch seem to have a problem, but we are awaiting an Ivory package so we can sort that out soon.

Actual feedback on something that i'm sure will actually happen (and not in six month's time). And i won't be charged for it by calling it a new version.

Thanks to the other respondents, the wikipedia has been bookmarked.

So any BFD users - this one's the most important?

I use BFD, but have only used it in Stereo output mode as thats all I have needed. In general it works fine, though I did have problems with the Samplitude not playing the midi files at times. This type of seemingly random annoyance put me off using midi in Sam, coupled with difficulties using Reason in V8. Maybe they are fixed, but I got fed up troubleshooting instead of making music. I haven't used it yet in 9.02.

I dont want to put you off using BFD, its usually fine, for me the limited difficulties I had came on top of some other stuff.

>In general it works fine, though I did have problems with the Samplitude not playing the midi files at times.

We've recently found a problem with importing MIDI files with long path names.

This seems to explain all the anomalies reported to us, where MIDI files produced

by some VSTi could not be played, but when sent to us didn't show any problems here.

This will be fixed in 9.1.

Regards,

Volker

The only ones that dont work fully are the VSTi`s that are able to output midi.. like Groove agent. I have dozens of VSTis ( including all the ones that you mentioned Mr Arkadin, except for BFD) and they all work in Samp. ;)

Best, Rich

uh-oh....So then Jamstix won't output it's MIDI info correctly?!

The only ones that dont work fully are the VSTi`s that are able to output midi.. like Groove agent. I have dozens of VSTis ( including all the ones that you mentioned Mr Arkadin, except for BFD) and they all work in Samp. ;)

Best, Rich

uh-oh....So then Jamstix won't output it's MIDI info correctly?!

Samp. doesnt output midi currently at all.. this is going to be a new feature in 9.1 :blink: Best , Rich

Samp. doesnt output midi currently at all.. this is going to be a new feature in 9.1 ;) Best , Rich

In other words... if I have Groove Agent going... and I want to cut the midi track (like hitting the fill buttons etc.) and then cut and past them to compose a drum score I can't until 9.1 (hopefully.) Is that correct?

So what would be the alternative? Cutting each not by hand or playing the midi part live via drum pads using Groove Agent as a sound source?

Jamie :blink:

Sure ,or just bounce it as audio once youve made programmed your fills in GA. Bounce the groove 1st and the fills after etc...

Ivory Piano will work with 9.1 - we have found a solution for the problem with Ivory V1.52 resp. V1.6. Future versions should also run fine.

VSTi MIDI/Audio output recording will be featured in V9.1, also.

Greetings,

Frank

Wow, it's so nice to see actual humans who actually have something to do with this program here. i am so close to ordering Samp now. Will Ivory 1.6 work in Samp9 now or do i need to wait till 9.1? How long before the 9.1 update is out?

You have to wait for Samplitude 9.1 which should be finished within the next very few weeks (if the running Beta phase doesn't reveal any unexpected severe problems) to run Ivory 1.6, or you have to use Ivory 1.50 in the meantime. I would suggest you go for Sam 9 now (I think there is still a special cross grade deal available from synthax), since then everything (activation, setup, first steps) etc. is done and you can then install the 9.1 quickly when it's published. :rolleyes:

Best wishes,

Frank

Atmosphere working fine here.

Jamsitix records MIDI in the background, and currently (until 9.1) all you need to do is drag the MIDI file into a track.

Otherwise Jamsitx is triggering dfhSuperior also fine in my setup.

I have YET to find a VST that doesn't work.

Greg

I would suggest you go for Sam 9 now (I think there is still a special cross grade deal available from synthax), since then everything (activation, setup, first steps) etc. is done and you can then install the 9.1 quickly when it's published. :D

Best wishes,

Frank

I AGREE!

I just got Samp 9 for $399 and I figured (if nothing else) to have it just for the POW-r dither, object editor, CD mastering and burning on the fly, the sound of the audio engine (sounds great to me)... how could I go wrong! :blink:

And with the devs and the end users on this forum really (and I mean REALLY) giving us all this great support... well to ME... that's a BIG part of it!!!

A company that's there for me instead me there for IT!! B)

I mean... WHY support a company who doesn't give a DANG for me and all they seem to care about is how to get more of my money! FORGET IT!! <_<

Yes... companies MAKE there living on new customers and repeat business. Sure... getting an upgrade to a new version every year... paying a few "shillings" for it so the company can keep the stream of income flowing, that's needed and I believe in it.

But to make promises and then BREAK them? HEY... I believe "A Man's Word IS HIS BOND!!!"

What's that old saying... "The customer is always right?" :D

Seems to me a lot of that has been lost in today's world. Feels great to get that back over here in Sampland! B)

Hey Frank! I think Samps motto should be something like "Samplitude... We're There For YOU!" or maybe "Come Home... Come Home To Samplitude" :D

SEA musik_2.gif

Just to add to your list, the entire " Total Studio Bundle" by Ikmultimedia works a treat with Sam.

Hope that helps.

Derek

I can't seem to get Miroslav Philharmonic to load. I have it in a directory right next to the SampleTank LE demo, but it won't scan into the list of vsti's. Any ideas?

Frank

Is the plug-in dll listed in the VSTPlugins.ini file (besides samplitude application)?

It is recommended to put any VST plug-ins (despite the plug-ins shipped with Magix Samplitude) into your standard VST plug-ins folder. The path to this folder must be set in the Y Dialog > plug-in settings.

Or simply drag&drop the plug-in dll into the arranger to force a scan for this dll.

Greetings,

Frank

Is the plug-in dll listed in the VSTPlugins.ini file (besides samplitude application)?

It is recommended to put any VST plug-ins (despite the plug-ins shipped with Magix Samplitude) into your standard VST plug-ins folder. The path to this folder must be set in the Y Dialog > plug-in settings.

Or simply drag&drop the plug-in dll into the arranger to force a scan for this dll.

Greetings,

Frank

Frank,

Could you explain the process of dragging the plugin .dll into the arranger. Where would I find this "arranger" and the .dll, for that matter.

Thanks.

arranger = GUI = VIP

So if you just drag a DLL into Sams main window (theres another term for it) it will self register.

Cheers

M