SEA

How Many Cubendo Users Are Switching To Samp?

Perhaps "Switching" isn't the correct term... how about "Defecting to" Samp! ;)

Of course, once you star working with Samp... you might not want to work with Cubase anymore! :blink:

Ok... I'll start!

1. Me (Jamie Sea) ;) Ordering my Crossgrade in the next few days! :lol:

Ok... anyone else?

SEA :)

Perhaps "Switching" isn't the correct term... how about "Defecting to" Samp! ;)

I heard a hoard of no less than thirty thousand strong are crossing the plains as we speak. If you listen carefully you can hear the thundering approach.

back to your liar and finish that VIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;);):);):blink::lol:;)

Well I just bought Samplitude today and the last thing that brought me over was the batch export option. In Cubase it puts all your takes on separate tracks. Then you have to figure out which ones you want to mute or delete. With Samplitude it gives you the batch export where it puts all the takes on the one track. Now I have to wait for it to come in the mail. ;)

Well I just bought Samplitude today and the last thing that brought me over was the batch export option. In Cubase it puts all your takes on separate tracks. Then you have to figure out which ones you want to mute or delete. With Samplitude it gives you the batch export where it puts all the takes on the one track. Now I have to wait for it to come in the mail. :o

Hey Blueberry!

One of the cool features that I really liked in Cubendo.. OOPS!! :blink: Sequoiatude :lol: is in the midi editor! You can click on the velocity tool (looks just like the pointer) and then "CLICK" on a midi note... drag it up and down, and change the velocity in real time while your hearing the changes (Sweet) :D

In Cubendo, you have to "click" on the midi note THEN "click" on the velocity value in the bar above, and scroll with your mouse to hear the velocity changes. That's double the moves and double the work!

Also... I use a logitech wireless trackball, and in Cubendo you have to use the "little scroll wheel" and "the little button above the left mouse button" since it WON'T work with the trackball that I use like... ALL THE TIME!!

More double moves! (niiiiccceeeee) :blink:

Perhaps I could call Cubase tech support and get them to fix..... oh wait... I just remembered... SX 3.1 "IS" their "FINISHED" product!!!! :)

Any other Cubendo users coming over to SAMPLAND? :D

SEA B)

Any other Cubendo users coming over to SAMPLAND?

I'm here too!!!

I have been such a loyal Steinberg supporter for many years, but have recently given up. It is all about the company, and Steinberg could care less about us as customers.

This place seems much friendlier, with tons more communication. How cool is that???

Any other Cubendo users coming over to SAMPLAND?

I'm here too!!!

I have been such a loyal Steinberg supporter for many years, but have recently given up. It is all about the company, and Steinberg could care less about us as customers.

This place seems much friendlier, with tons more communication. How cool is that???

Hey Double! Welcome aboard! wave2.gif

How about a "Double Shot Latte" or a "Single Shot Mocha" for you bro!!! coffee.gif:rolleyes:

Yes... it's a whole new deal here! I just got my Samplitude 9 Professional crossgrade installed (only $399... WOW) and I swear it sounds better to me already!

Of course I kind of was stumbling around it... trying to figure out this and that. One cool thing is the mixer. Everything is on one screen!!! Also... the effects. I had 4 different verbs loaded on one track... A/B'ing them and with a left click they are on and off, and with a right click their GUI pops up! Very nice workflow to me!

Of course nothing's perfect yet. I've had a few crashes, a lock-up etc., but everybody is right on it to help! Even the developers get back to you right away! How sweet is that!!!??? B)

Well... good to see you, and if you can... bring a few of your Cubendo friends over to join the fun!

Jamie :D

I switched over; I got the package (Samp 9 Pro) on Friday. I've been with Steinberg since VST 32, moved to Cubase SX, to Nuendo 1.. I finally ended up with SX3 / Nuendo 3.

I needed to make a change; I didn't feel like Steinberg was listening to the requests of the customers or showing any respect to the customers. When you have a program with obvious problems that customers point out time and time again, you don't ignore the bugs and introduce new features. You fix the problems.

I like the vibe I'm getting over here; it's incredible to have the developers answering questions in the forums. I also like the regular updates and the fact that the program seems to get better with each update.

It's taking me a little while to wrap my mind around Samp; but I can see it's going to make my work a lot better/easier in the future.

I switched over; I got the package (Samp 9 Pro) on Friday. I've been with Steinberg since VST 32, moved to Cubase SX, to Nuendo 1.. I finally ended up with SX3 / Nuendo 3.

I needed to make a change; I didn't feel like Steinberg was listening to the requests of the customers or showing any respect to the customers. When you have a program with obvious problems that customers point out time and time again, you don't ignore the bugs and introduce new features. You fix the problems.

I like the vibe I'm getting over here; it's incredible to have the developers answering questions in the forums. I also like the regular updates and the fact that the program seems to get better with each update.

It's taking me a little while to wrap my mind around Samp; but I can see it's going to make my work a lot better/easier in the future.

Welcome aboard Germytunes!!!! :D

We're here for you!!!!! B)

I'm learning Samp and digging in. I never really dug into Cubase, but with Samp... I want to learn every inch of it!!!! :rolleyes:

Jamie :D

I just purchased it today!!!

I'll get my package next week. Real bargain at the moment.

I've been with Steinberg since '91, so I'm not actually 'switching over' but 'extending' to SAM.

See you around,

tiari

Hi - I'm currently considering defecting, and on a trial at the moment. Some nice stuff, but I must admit a few things are putting me off so far :blink: (a big one being the E599 crossgrade price!) I'll have a defined list of my 'issues' soon, so perhaps I can still be turned <_<

My *REAL* version of Samp finally arrived after several days of delays due to bad weather! YA-HOO!!!

Finally!!! Hopefully tonight I can get down to the studio and get it installed and registered!

I crossgraded to Cubase 4 awhile back coming from Sonar, but now considering doing the crossgrade to Samplitude too. I guess you can never have enough DAW software for their different features. :lol:

I've emailed "Yamaha" the Steinberg distributor for the USA as mentioned on the Cubase forum trying get the SX3 install disc to use with my C4 license since it included on the dongle until they update C4. Of course, I haven't received any reply back about it. I'll probably end up doing the Samplitude crossgrade, but I'd still like to find a SX3 3.1 install disc if anyone knows where I can get one?

Probably will be aboard soon with Samplitude.

Regards, JD...

I crossgraded to Cubase 4 awhile back coming from Sonar, but now considering doing the crossgrade to Samplitude too. I guess you can never have enough DAW software for their different features. B)

I've emailed "Yamaha" the Steinberg distributor for the USA as mentioned on the Cubase forum trying get the SX3 install disc to use with my C4 license since it included on the dongle until they update C4. Of course, I haven't received any reply back about it. I'll probably end up doing the Samplitude crossgrade, but I'd still like to find a SX3 3.1 install disc if anyone knows where I can get one?

Probably will be aboard soon with Samplitude.

Regards, JD...

Hey JDA! Come on over... the water's fine!!! ;)

Have you checked out Kraznet's videos he's doing for the forum?

Here's the link. http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude...showtopic=12091

Great stuff!!!

Anyway... Samp is an awesome program... been around forever... GREAT German technology... and has GREAT audio and a GREAT audio editor!

BTW, did I mention they're GREAT?? :lol:

The support is the best I have ever seen... PERIOD!!!! Others can vouch for it a well!

So WELCOME ABOARD (In advance!) You'll love what we're doing over here in SAMPLAND! king.gif

Jamie B)

JDA,

Samp is a great program, and the community is great. Fun, serious, and VERY informative.

youll find theres lots of cool features of samplitude. And the Dev's-coders actually exist! :lol:

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Jamie, I actually tried viewing those videos earlier, but for some reason they won't play for me on my Mac. I did save the videos to CD to view on the PC upstairs later on tonight to learn more about Samplitude.

Thanks! JD...

You can add me to this list too, I ordered Samplitude Pro v9.... should get it next week. After working a little with the demo, I was convinced. Can't wait to get started. I've been viewing the Kraznet videos and found them to be quite helpful, although I'm sure I'll have many questions for the veterans here.

Tony

Just wanted to confirm I took the plunge and ordered it. I should have it here next week and then the fun begins. :D

Regards, JD...