Sascha

Welcome The Plugins Forum!

Hi everybody,

as we've currently updated the Samplitude website and fed it with info on the 'unbundled' VST plugins, I'd like to take the chance and welcome all guests, users and whoever stops on by, to this new section of our beloved forum :)

The current week has been the one where we've started shipping the first VST effects boxes to stores and distributors. We haven't performed much of a marketing blahblah and just compiled a few pages for the main Samplitude web site. Most of the stuff was directly taken from the manuals, so that anyone curious about the stuff is able to get a detailed overview on what it's all about without having to download & install the Samplitude demo (which I'd always recommend, anyways....).

But that doesn't suffice, I know.

As of today, we do still owe you demo versions of the plugins. There's not much sense in reading a bunch of pages without getting your hands on the stuff. That'll come next week, as soon as we've finished & tested the install package.

Okay, this forum shall be the melting pot for everything concerning these plugins, their bugs (there's never any SW without...), your proposals & ideas, critique and whatever concerning future versions.

I'll also try to give some additional info, background stories, hidden secrets that aren't in the manuals etc.

Of course, as time allows. :blink:

This forum is also intended to serve as a place where users should exchange their ideas, especially when it comes to questions like 'gimme some tips about the right compression settings for xxxx'... while we all know that there's never the 'right' setting, we do also know that switching some presets can be of great value at times.

So, please: whenever you encounter a setting on one of these plugins that you'd consider helpful for others, too, don't hesitate to post them. I mean it.

We'll see how we can arrange that best as things evolve. My initial assumption is that this could be first solved by attaching an fxp/fxb preset file to a post such as this. Maybe we have to gather stuff and create a sticky topic. We'll see.

Surely, there's more to 'community' than changing presets, but you get the point :blink:

Cheers,

Sascha

Congrats on the release! I can't imagine these plugs being anything but a massive success, and deservingly so.

Any news on what the (US) pricing will be on these guys?

Congrats on the release! I can't imagine these plugs being anything but a massive success, and deservingly so.

Any news on what the (US) pricing will be on these guys?

We'll feed our shop starting on Monday. Meanwhile, some others already have the items on stock (for instance, I've seen Thomann, Music Store Cologne & digitalaudioservice in Germany). Steve had started shipping the stuff by the beginning of this week.

The regular 'boxed' pricing for non-Sam users is 199€/USD for AM suite, the same with VariVerb and 119,- with the VE suite.

I've heard from Steffen Holly that Sam/Sequoia users get 50% off.

I cant't remember the exact discount for additional serials (e.g. if you own a boxed product already, as the printed manual & CD covers all 3 products). To my knowledge, that was at least 20%, but I have to ask again next week.

congrats too ! lot of success ! bravo.gif

B)

but ! now, I'm a little bit jealous ! :rolleyes: everybody can use our secrets weapons !...

:D

best wishes

Phil

Greetings.

Rather than start a new thread, a simple question if I may.

Are these plug-ins Windows only or will they also work in Mac applications?

Thanks.

I heard that some use the VSTs on a Mac with BootCamp and XP installed. But I suppose you mean OSX, right? Then the answer is 'no', sorry.

We currently don't support Mac OS with any of our products.

I've heard from Steffen Holly that Sam/Sequoia users get 50% off.

I cant't remember the exact discount for additional serials (e.g. if you own a boxed product already, as the printed manual & CD covers all 3 products). To my knowledge, that was at least 20%, but I have to ask again next week.

Sascha, can you tell me where I can buy the plug-ins with this kind of discount?

cheers,

Peter

Simply send a mail to Jörg (proservice@magix.net) and he'll arrange things for you.

:lol: Thanks, just send an email.

Just wondering if the AM Suite has any updates, I'm on version 1.0 en, same withe Variverb.

Thanks, Kyle

Just came back from vacation. I've compiled new versions of AM & VE suite before, but they do of course need their test drives. VV will come afterwards.

More on that the next days.

I just want to tell you that your plugins are absolutely amazing, especially the AM suite, excellent work Sascha, I could not to live without them, keep your great work, genius...we all hope the list still increasing in the next Sampliquoia versions. <_<

Best regards.

...we all hope the list still increasing in the next Sampliquoia versions. ;)

Best regards.

+ 1

Happy new jear Sascha! ;)

Regards

Carl Matthias

Sascha, have you worked out the bugs/crashes that people have reported in hosts other than Samplitude?

I tested veriverb (demo) in Reaper 3 and Live 8 and didn't seem to have any problems.

Thanks,

Greg

Hey Greg,

the code branch for the seperate VST plugins (still at v1.0) does indeed cause some trouble in some hosts (especially Reaper, where I've tried in 2.x myself). It probably depends on various circumstances if you run into that or not.

Their Sam/Sequoia-bundled counterparts were fixed a while back and actually don't contain those showstopper bugs.

A word on bug fixes:

I've been quite optimistic a couple of times when it came to get that fixed. But as fate thought otherwise and I nearly got tarred & feathered lately because of not having provided something, I'm way more cautious now.

Meanwhile, the whole internal code branch evolved and I simply don't want to just revert back to the old Sam/Seq state, just to build a maintainance fix. I've got plans where all those plugins (including our bundled ones) could profit from a couple of stuff from latest development (such as the flexible and future-proof XML-based preset file architecture like in BeatBox2, Vandal and eFX). But first, the work on Vandal and the essentialFX must be completed. I'll make a solid road map with the rest of the team and to get projects synchronised afterwards.

Cheers,

Sascha

OK, great to hear.

Just tried loading veriverb into Reaper 3 and it worked ok. Didn't try scanning VST's though.

Friend using Cubase 5 (considering Samplitude) - veriverb crashes on VST scan and when eventually importing it, it supposedly crashes when knob-fiddling and other adjustments.

I also tested them in Ableton Live 8, and didn't see get any crashes or errors.

Nevertheless happy to hear (and experience) how things are progressing.

Thanks,

Greg