SEA

Why Don't The Vsti's Unload In The Mixer?

Hey guys!

One thing I have noticed (which needs to be fix IMHO) is that the VSTi's still appear in the mixer even after unloading the VSTi from your VIP.

Then... when you load another VST like Stylus, the information of the old VSTi stays on the tracks and the new vsti's info isn't loaded! :rolleyes:

Example. I loaded HALion 3 and I have like 12 tracks (stereo) of HALion in the mixer. After I unloaded it and loaded Stylus, I still see HALion on all 12 tracks while Stylus plays on HAL 3 & 4 track. Is this problem taken care of in 9.1?

Perhaps Samp works the same way and I don't know it yet. If so... please let me know what would be the best way to set Samp up.

Perhaps the guys on the forum know a few tricks as well. B)

Best,

Jamie :D

You know, i hear about that, but for the life of me I dont experience it.

i remove a vsti and bam, its gone, and its not even in the manager...maybe I clicked on a preference and didnt even know it.. :rolleyes:

You need to completely unload it and all its outputs form the VSTi manager. i.e. double click on the name of your VSTi and select 'empty" .

If you still see "power on" lit up in the track box (but with no VSTi name as it sometimes happens) Just delete that track (as its become corrupted) and load your new VSTi on another ...

Best , Rich

You need to completely unload it and all its outputs form the VSTi manager. i.e. double click on the name of your VSTi and select 'empty" .

If you still see "power on" lit up in the track box (but with no VSTi name as it sometimes happens) Just delete that track (as its become corrupted) and load your new VSTi on another ...

Best , Rich

Thanks Rich!

I'm trying to find the VSTi Manager... I'm checking the manual. B)

I see what it looks like, but HOW do I access it inside of Samp? :rolleyes:

Jamie

Click on the Manager tab and it's in there last on the right - Or go to Menu - Window >Manager .

Ok... found it and removed them from the mixer. But (IMHO), this should be an update in 9.1 cause when you unload a VSTi in Cubase (and I'm assuming in the other major daw programs) it unloads it in the mixer, the tracks when you unload the VSTi.

Now... I have done this in the mixer... but the tracks in the VIP are still there? <_<

Is there a way that I can just delete tracks when I select them and hit delete? In Cubase it's "right click"... "press del"... gone! In Samplitude (AFAIK) it's right click on the track... select "Insert/Delete Tracks"... then scroll over to another window and scroll down to "Delete Tracks" :blink:

Another thing... in Cubase you can click on a track... hold down the SHIFT key... select another track... (more if you like) and then hit delete etc. So far in Samp... I can only select 1 track at a time (that I know of).

Not complaining... just saying "Hey... shouldn't this be easier?" :D

Jamie

Another thing... in Cubase you can click on a track... hold down the SHIFT key... select another track... (more if you like) and then hit delete etc. So far in Samp... I can only select 1 track at a time (that I know of).

All this is done in the Manager under the Track tab . You can shift select-delete multiple tracks you want to remove.

All this is done in the Manager under the Track tab . You can shift select-delete multiple tracks you want to remove.

Thanks Kraznet! I'm trying it now.

I'll let you know how it goes <_<

Jamie :blink:

Ok... so far so good! :D

The manager tab seems to be working well. You have to play around with it and get used to it. :blink:

However... wouldn't it be a good feature, if when you unload a VSTi from your project... it also removed it from the tracks and the VSTi Manager? Or perhaps it's better to keep them all in and do it manually? <_<

I can go either way myself. Yes.. it's faster (IMHO) to just unload the VSTi... then have it unloaded in the VSTI Manager. but then again... i'm still new to Samp and it's work flow. Perhaps the VSTi Manager way is better.

What do you think forum? Shall we take a poll? :D

Jamie B)

Hi Jamie,

I have been experiencing a few problems with unloading certain Vsti as well as a few other people. There was a thread in the main forum recently but I can't seem to find it. Anyway I believe improvements will be made in the next update and the subsequent ones with regard to this. It is difficult coming in cold from a different program as our friend Salvador has noticed!! There's always going to be a certain amount of relearning because Samplitude has its own way of doing things and so does Cubase as do all the other hosts. There will always be a learning curve. I came from working with Logic PC for10 years and I would say it took me about six months to get comfortable. Old habits die hard as they say <_<

Good luck anyway

Kraznet

Hi Jamie,

I have been experiencing a few problems with unloading certain Vsti as well as a few other people. There was a thread in the main forum recently but I can't seem to find it. Anyway I believe improvements will be made in the next update and the subsequent ones with regard to this. It is difficult coming in cold from a different program as our friend Salvador has noticed!! There's always going to be a certain amount of relearning because Samplitude has its own way of doing things and so does Cubase as do all the other hosts. There will always be a learning curve. I came from working with Logic PC for10 years and I would say it took me about six months to get comfortable. Old habits die hard as they say <_<

Good luck anyway

Kraznet

Thanks Kraz and thanks for helping Salvador!

He's a good man... I've known him a few years and he's helped me quite a bit as well when it came to Cubase and things. :blink:

I had encouraged him to test Samp out and it looks like he's doing a good job at it! :D

Jamie :D