Blueberry

Why Doesn't Mid Recordings Show Wave?

When you start recording a midi file, you see the cursor moving down the arrange page, but unlike audio recordings, no wave is created until after the recording is done. I have done a couple recordings in midi where something was not right and I had to re-record the part all over again. Is there a way I can click an option some where in the setup that would allow me to see the wave file while its being recorded? <_<

Hi,

In Samplitude.. the midi "wave" is called the midi "object". No , Samp doesnt draw the midi object while you record.. theres is an option in the "recording option parameters" called "Update object during recording". But that affects on Audio objects ....

Best , Rich

No , Samp doesnt draw the midi object while you record

I don't see why it can't be implemented at some stage as it comforting to see what you're recording in realtime as the object is created and also in the midi editor . Also it would be better of there were separate audio and midi options because I like to have the "Show confirmation dialog (OK,Delete) after record " for audio enabled but for midi I prefer it disabled .

Regards

Kraznet

No , Samp doesnt draw the midi object while you record

I don't see why it can't be implemented at some stage as it comforting to see what you're recording in realtime as the object is created and also in the midi editor . Also it would be better of there were separate audio and midi options because I like to have the "Show confirmation dialog (OK,Delete) after record " for audio enabled but for midi I prefer it disabled .

Regards

Kraznet

AGREE! <_<

SEA thumbs.gif

seems too me it makes sense not to show a wave, it isn't a wave...showing events as it does is far more accurate and logical

seems too me it makes sense not to show a wave, it isn't a wave...showing events as it does is far more accurate and logical

Fine don't make it a wave, but show the midi notes being recorded while your recording. You can call it a wave or what ever you want. But it should be there.

I'm pretty sure we will see that some day. But some fundamental part needs to be changed for that, so it wouldn't hit the road in 9.1

But we won't forget...

Andre :lol: