krizrox

Making The Jump Over Tomorrow (later Today)

Hey y'all - boy am I new. I don't even own the product yet and I'm already here posting messages. I had to register to see what potentially I was getting myself into. I am a Sonar user and am planning a cross-grade over to Sam Pro. I was amazed to see so little in the way of problems here. While I'm sure Sam has some quirks, it's refreshing to see mostly satisfied customers on the user forum. Or am I missing something?

I've only ever really heard good things about Sam over the years. Decided the time was right to make the leap. Cakewalk kind of stumbled with the latest V6 upgrade. I couldn't get it to work right on a brand new machine even though V5 seems to work OK. I don't need MIDI. Just a really stable audio recording platform for my studio. Sam seems like the ticket. Can't wait to get it and start learning.

Rock on!

Hey krizrox,

You have chosen wisely grasshopper :lol:

I was reading your thread earlier today over on the Sonar forum and wanted to chime in about moving over to Samp but didn't want to get into taking any grief about it.

I've been using Cakewalk for years and although Sonar 6.2 seems to work fine for me I still do the bulk of my work in Samp. I still use Sonar for midi work but Samp is my real workhorse. I moved over to Samp several years ago and it has been very solid. If you're mainly audio based you're going to love Samp. After you get past the initial learning curve you'll wonder why you waited so long. I'd be interested to hear what you think of Samp's sound once you get it up and running. Best of luck with it.

I was a former Cubase user, but when I jumped ship, I decided to use both Sonar and Samplitude. I am equally satisfied with both products. If I need any advanced MIDI stuff that is currently not provided in either platform, I can use my MPC500.

Welcome, and I hope you will be as delighted with Samplitude as I have been.

Welcome home bro! B)

Since you do only audio Samp cant be beat. Midi is still kinda new, but the dev's are listening and coding and updating on a pretty swift basis. ;)

Very good people here too...even the coders. :lol:

Welcome home bro! B)

Since you do only audio Samp cant be beat. Midi is still kinda new, but the dev's are listening and coding and updating on a pretty swift basis. ;)

Very good people here too...even the coders. :lol:

You will like it!!!

Well, I was going to wait a few more days but I went ahead and placed the order. The program should arrive here early next week. Can't wait.

There was a guy who lives about 20 minutes from me that had invited me over for a first-hand look at the program. He is also running Creamware Scope products so I thought that would be a great opportunity to see the thing in action. But your comments have convinced me to make the leap now. Didn't want to lose out on the great cross-grade deal they are offering this month.

I was able to finally get Sonar 6.2 working but I had to disable multi-processor support in order to make it happen. Not a big deal in the scheme of things since my Scope plugs all run off the Scope DSP resources. I've run over a hundred track arrangements with hardly any problems with CPU usage - on a single P4 system. So running this way isn't going to slow me down. Maybe Cake will eventually wrangle this all out. A lot of people are complaining about stability lately on their user forum. Clearly many of us are dealing with hardware/software combinations that don't necessarily work that well together.

Anyway - I'm excited. Can't wait to get this baby installed and start down the learning path. Also hope to be a good and contributing member to this forum. I tend to prefer positively motivated people and there appears to be a lot of you here. Thanks for having me! :D