Doublehelix

Losing Plugs?

Well, I am finally legal! Got Samp Pro 9.02 installed, registered and authorized! I am still a newbie however, so I will continue to have some basic questions for a while I am sure.

Here's one:

I imported a collection of about 32 WAV files (at 88.2) into Sam from SX3 to do a "remix" of a song that I completed last year for an album project.

Everything worked fine, but I did have one "glitch" that had me worried.

I spent some time adding effects (inserts) to several tracks. I put a transient designer, EQ and comp on a snare, a comp on a kick, EQ and comp on the bass, etc.

I then added some aux sends with 3 different reverbs, and sent some of the tracks to the different reverbs (snare, vox, BGvox, guitars, etc.).

Well when I went back and was doing a playback, I noticed that all of the insert effects were gone! Poof! Nothing else seemed amiss, just all the inserts.

Anyone have any idea what I could have done? Is there some esoteric key command that deletes all insert effects that I might have hit by mistake?

While I am at it, here are a couple of more things that I came across last night while playing:

1) Is is possible to name a track with the name of the imported WAV for that track? For example, if I import a WAV file called "Kick" into track 1, is there anyway to get Samp to name the track to "Kick" for me automatically?

2) I am used to using the mouse scroll wheel to move up and down in the arrange window (to scroll up and down to see tracks that don't fit on the screen". When I do this however (universal mouse mode) I get a zoom in and out. There must be a setting on this somewhere.

Thanks all! The more I am using Samp, the more comfortable I am beginning to feel.

2) I am used to using the mouse scroll wheel to move up and down in the arrange window (to scroll up and down to see tracks that don't fit on the screen". When I do this however (universal mouse mode) I get a zoom in and out. There must be a setting on this somewhere.

If you open your System Settings window (Hit Y) you will see a sub-branch of "Keyboard, Menu and Maus" called "Mousewheel".

A click on that will show you your current settings for the Mouse Wheel.

Default setting for the Vertical Scroll is Shift+Ctrl+Mouse wheel

Best regards from Germany

Steve

Welcome

You did not exit and comeback without saving did you?

Welcome

You did not exit and comeback without saving did you?

No, but thanks for replying.

I have been using DAWs for many, many years, so I would have to say that I am a pretty experienced user of these types of programs.

FWIW, I worked on it again last night, and everything seemed to work fine, although I found a VST plugin that is crashing Samplitude EVERY time (PSP 42). Bummer. I need to look into this some more.

Is is possible to name a track with the name of the imported WAV for that track?

Open the track properties dialog (right click on track name in arranger) and look out for the "Track name by first object" or similar, it is in a combo box I think.

About the lost plug-ins.. Maybe you did an Undo, and sometimes the plugs are removed then also. Some people reported they press Mute and the unmute again on a track after routing/fx changes to force an Undo-Step creation so the routing/fx are not lost with the next Undo you do. Could it be this what happened?

Greetings,

Frank

>Maybe you did an Undo, and sometimes the plugs are removed then also

This is because plugins are part of the undo process - in difference to

(all?) other hosts.

Regards,

Volker

Is is possible to name a track with the name of the imported WAV for that track?

Open the track properties dialog (right click on track name in arranger) and look out for the "Track name by first object" or similar, it is in a combo box I think.

About the lost plug-ins.. Maybe you did an Undo, and sometimes the plugs are removed then also. Some people reported they press Mute and the unmute again on a track after routing/fx changes to force an Undo-Step creation so the routing/fx are not lost with the next Undo you do. Could it be this what happened?

Greetings,

Frank

Anything is possible!!! :D I do use a lot of mutes and solos, and it was a whole group of effects that disappeared. I lost:

Kick: EQ and compressions

Snare Top: Transient Designer, Comp and EQ

Bass: Comp and EQ.

Pretty weird! It is like I would have had to hit "undo" about 10 times!

Anyway, as I said above, I revisited the same project last night, and re-added all of those same effects, and things seemed ok.

I have been getting some weird messages and crashes however that I need to sort through.

Thanks to all who have responded.