Sign in to follow this  
Blueberry

Marker Problem

I found when I got to the end of a song, I named the marker "end" How do I tell it that this marker is marker 2 or marker 4. Do you have to put the marker number first and then then name?

I found when I got to the end of a song, I named the marker "end" How do I tell it that this marker is marker 2 or marker 4. Do you have to put the marker number first and then then name?

Hi,

Yeah, I just tried it and you have to have a number 1 through 12 be the first characters in the marker name for it to show up in the marker grid.

In your case you could use 5End or 5-End or 5/end etc. If you have a song called 5 Blueberries and tried to name your end marker 55BlueB-End, it wouldn't work because it's trying to use the number 55.

You can edit the marker names in the Marker Manager in case you didn't know already.

hi,

I don't really understand you problem ... How do you name this End marker ? End marker comes only automatically when you want to burn the cd, or when you press the Auto CD Marker button (then Sam apply a CD marker at each object and a End marker)

Even if you press on Cd Marker button, Sam doesn't put the End Marker until you press the Burn CD Button.

Otherwise, markers can be renamed as you want in the Marker Manager, or have a look in the menu, you will find some options, like put automaticcaly numbered markers or put a marker with the name you want, etc ... With shortcut, it very useful. You can have on the timeline markers with only numbers, other with personnal names, etc ...

best regards

Phil

hi,

I don't really understand you problem ... How do you name this End marker ? End marker comes only automatically when you want to burn the cd, or when you press the Auto CD Marker button (then Sam apply a CD marker at each object and a End marker)

Even if you press on Cd Marker button, Sam doesn't put the End Marker until you press the Burn CD Button.

Otherwise, markers can be renamed as you want in the Marker Manager, or have a look in the menu, you will find some options, like put automaticcaly numbered markers or put a marker with the name you want, etc ... With shortcut, it very useful. You can have on the timeline markers with only numbers, other with personnal names, etc ...

best regards

Phil

Hi Phil,

I am not talking about the stage where I want to burn a CD. I am talking about the recording and mixing stage. Being able to jump to a chorus so the guitar player and work on his solo, or going to the end of the song so we can listen and work on the fader out. I guess us previous Cubase users are used to having a Marker Manager where all the markers are numbered. Then to the right of the numbers, you type in the name of the marker. So the number and name of the marker show up together. It's just a different way of working. I would have to number the marker, leave a space and then type in the name of the marker in Samplitude.

I used Pro Tools and SX3 and I can do the same with Samp 9 pro

what can't you do?

Hi Phil,

I am not talking about the stage where I want to burn a CD. I am talking about the recording and mixing stage. Being able to jump to a chorus so the guitar player and work on his solo, or going to the end of the song so we can listen and work on the fader out. [...] I would have to number the marker, leave a space and then type in the name of the marker in Samplitude.

humm, ok, it's more clear.

Yes, if you want to jump between markers, you need to numbered them first. But, don't forget the shortcuts "next marker" and "previous marker", very useful too.

best regards

Phil