Sign in to follow this  
GPRS

How To Assign Tracks To Hardware Outputs?

I may be missing something obvious here but I'm using a Focusrite Saffire and the h/w outputs show up correctly as 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8. These are routed to my Tascam DM 24 mixer. However, if I take an audio track and change its output from default 1/2 to 3/4 etc it still comes in on 1/2 of my mixer. I've tried routinh to busses with different h/w outputs but can't get this to work. What am I doing wrong in SAM?

You find a output setting for every track, bus in the track settings of each track. A track can be routed to a bus or an output device, an same with an AUX out. A Sub can be routed to an output device and a Master bus, a Master bus can be routed to an output device.

Greetings,

Sebastian

Well this turns out to be another one of SAMs 'find it by accident' bits of functionality. If you want to use separate hardware outputs, make sure the monitoring engine mode slider is not set all the way to the right (works on all the other settings but not this one). This is the sort of painful process that is all too common in SAM - in other apps this sort of thing just works. If its explained anywhere, I'll eat humble something or other....

I haven't tried it yet in Samp but to be fair, I thought it was a pain to figure out how to do it in Cubase SX. Even after I learned to do it I had to "re-figure it out" every time because it just didn't seem intuitive to me.

And I'm no dummy, except for when it comes to women . . . . and finances . . . .and planning . . . . .and sleep . . .and nutrition . . and exercise . . . and . . . uuuhhhmm . . a bunch of other stuff . . . :D