Sign in to follow this  
Blueberry

Problems With Routing, Please Help

In Cubase if I had a track I want to go through an external EQ, I get the output bus and put it on Bus 2. Then Bus 2 is routed to output 3 & 4. The ouput 3 & 4 goes to my Apogee 3 & 4 into my EQ and then goes out to my input 1 & 2. I go to a track in Cubase hit the monitor button for 1 &2 on a new track and I am done.

I tried the same thing with Samplitude and it does not work. I got my stereo track, and the output is on Bus 2. On Bus 2 I see the meters moving. I get the output of it to 3 & 4. 3 & 4 goes into my EQ from my outputs of my Apogee's and the inputs go into input 1 & 2 of my Apogee's. When I open the monitor button on a new track in Samplitude with input 1 & 2 nothing happens. Why is this? It should route the same as Cubase.

In Cubase if I had a track I want to go through an external EQ, I get the output bus and put it on Bus 2. Then Bus 2 is routed to output 3 & 4. The ouput 3 & 4 goes to my Apogee 3 & 4 into my EQ and then goes out to my input 1 & 2. I go to a track in Cubase hit the monitor button for 1 &2 on a new track and I am done.

I tried the same thing with Samplitude and it does not work. I got my stereo track, and the output is on Bus 2. On Bus 2 I see the meters moving. I get the output of it to 3 & 4. 3 & 4 goes into my EQ from my outputs of my Apogee's and the inputs go into input 1 & 2 of my Apogee's. When I open the monitor button on a new track in Samplitude with input 1 & 2 nothing happens. Why is this? It should route the same as Cubase.

Ok I want to clarify and I think I found out the problem. In Cubase I am going from my track not to Bus 2 but to a stereo output bus 2. Can't seem to find one of these in Samp. In Cubase a group track is what Samp has, as a Bus 2 since there is not group track called group track in Samp. So I need to find a output 2 bus. Any help would be appreciated.

I also tried Project Mixer setup, External Effects, and FX1 I setup up my input and outputs and had Samp control the latency. But then I didin't know how to go to FX and open this up. I don't see a FX channel and I could not create one. This again is in Cubase and a choice when you want to add a track. I also went to the channel and saw the FX inserts but no place did I see external effect as an option

First things first: Samplitude does not do bussing for inputs and outputs like Steinberg (which I find a pain in the b---). Simply select the output and input you want and you're good to go.

What version are you running? v9.1 now has an External Effects manager where you can set up effects loops and check automatic latency compensation for external audio and midi devices just as you described.

First things first: Samplitude does not do bussing for inputs and outputs like Steinberg (which I find a pain in the b---). Simply select the output and input you want and you're good to go.

What version are you running? v9.1 now has an External Effects manager where you can set up effects loops and check automatic latency compensation for external audio and midi devices just as you described.

Thanks, but that means I am stuck. Do I use ouput 3 & 4 to my Apogee's, and then route back in. Or do I go to Bus 2 and do it that way? I tried either way and it did not work. :wub:

Thanks, but that means I am stuck. Do I use ouput 3 & 4 to my Apogee's, and then route back in. Or do I go to Bus 2 and do it that way? I tried either way and it did not work. :wub:

I have the same issue as you in a slightly different context. If I try to set up individual tracks routed to different hardware outputs on my Presonus Firestudio (ie track 1 to h/w output 1/2, track 2 to h/w output 3/4 etc, it doesn't work until 1) I change the mixer setup to deal with multiple i/o AND 2) change the settting on the mixer/fx monitor slider. As a result of this it means that if I record a guitar part using Amplitude on track 1 and want to route it through a h/w output to my mixer, I can do so but only after changing the fx monitoring slider, after which I lose the ability to monitor the signal going through Amplitude so the track plays through the correct h/w output but without fx. Ludicrous. In Logic, I can just record the part with FX monitored, route it anywhere and then go onto the next track, record whilst still monitoring the first track with FX etc etc. It works as expected and its the same with PT and Cubase.

I have the same issue as you in a slightly different context. If I try to set up individual tracks routed to different hardware outputs on my Presonus Firestudio (ie track 1 to h/w output 1/2, track 2 to h/w output 3/4 etc, it doesn't work until 1) I change the mixer setup to deal with multiple i/o AND 2) change the settting on the mixer/fx monitor slider. As a result of this it means that if I record a guitar part using Amplitude on track 1 and want to route it through a h/w output to my mixer, I can do so but only after changing the fx monitoring slider, after which I lose the ability to monitor the signal going through Amplitude so the track plays through the correct h/w output but without fx. Ludicrous. In Logic, I can just record the part with FX monitored, route it anywhere and then go onto the next track, record whilst still monitoring the first track with FX etc etc. It works as expected and its the same with PT and Cubase.

There is also that tutorial video on using hardware gear that I have to look at. Not sure if it is the same work flow your talking about. http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude...=12479&hl=#