krizrox

Exporting Audio

I'm sure I'm just blind but I can't seem to find a reference to this in the user manual or help topics.

I want to be able to export every track of audio in a project to a WAV file. Or export a single track of audio to a WAV file.

I need each WAV file I export to start at time zero so they all line up when imported into another DAW (let's say Sonar, for example). What's the correct method for doing this?

hi Larry,

you must have a look in Tools > Bounce menu, you will find a lot of options to do what you need.

There's an option to bounce track by track, each in his own file, and other option to have the same zero start point for each track.

hope this helps

best regards

Phil

hi Larry,

you must have a look in Tools > Bounce menu, you will find a lot of options to do what you need.

There's an option to bounce track by track, each in his own file, and other option to have the same zero start point for each track.

hope this helps

best regards

Phil

Ha ha - thanks Phil. Now I see that. Clearly I have a lot of learning to do yet :-)

I had to dredge up an old post - now that I'm back to learning the program again. This was a subject that came back to haunt me again.

Yes I understand how to export files now but a few other unanswered questions have since popped up.

When I bounce all these objects to WAV files, there are also two other files created for each WAV file. Is this necessary or a standard feature of SamP? Basically what I'm attempting to create is a transportable set of WAV files that I can hand off to a client for...whatever. They obviously don't need those other files for anything right? Those are specific to Samp right? I can just ignore them or delete them right?

Also, there was mention in the help file about also being able to use the Audio Export function to do this (which looks like you need to specify a starting indix marker) but I have been unsuccessful in using the Export function to create individual WAV files. All I seem to get is a single file.

Is it best to just use the tools/bounce function?

Oh - one other thing - I get a series of WAV project windows that open up for each file. Is that standard operating procedure? I assume you can turn that feature off right? I just want to export the files, not create a WAV editing project.

hi Larry,

When I bounce all these objects to WAV files, there are also two other files created for each WAV file. Is this necessary or a standard feature of SamP? Basically what I'm attempting to create is a transportable set of WAV files that I can hand off to a client for...whatever. They obviously don't need those other files for anything right? Those are specific to Samp right? I can just ignore them or delete them right?

it's Samp standart. Don't care about them. If you don't need to re-import in Samp, you can delete. Even if, one day, you need to import in Samp, Samp will rebuild the files.

It's in relation with your last question. Each time you bounce a file, it appears in Samp, perhaps, in the past, the devs have thought we need control after a bounce, don't know... :ph34r:

If you use Export function (check the settings for your needs), there's no files other than wave files.

cheers

Phil