Sign in to follow this  
Blueberry

How Do You Turn Off The Region

I click the region button, and deltete a section. Now I want the cursor to go back to being a arrow. Then I can move the wave over to the left. How do you switch the cursor back to an arrow. I clicked the range button again, but this did not turn it off.

I click the region button, and deltete a section. Now I want the cursor to go back to being a arrow. Then I can move the wave over to the left. How do you switch the cursor back to an arrow. I clicked the range button again, but this did not turn it off.

There are several mouse modes in samplitude. The most powerful one, and a great friend, is the universal mode, which acts as a range selection or object selection depending on which vertical half of a track the mouse pointer is. It's very handy when you get a hang of it.

Also, there are shortcuts to temporarily toggle range or object mode, by holding down '.' or ',' respectively. This can be quite useful as well. In short, in samplitude you'll be switching tools lot less than in cubase, because of these little nifty shortcuts.

Cheers,

-d