harlon

I Have A Problem!

Yup - I have a problem. I downloaded the demo version of Sam Pro 9 and I really wish I wouldn't have because now I have to come up with $999 to buy this thing! I'm, a long time Adobe Audition user (in fact, as far back as Cool Edit Pro) and I've been looking for something new with MIDI capabilities. I've spent time at a friends house with his Sonar equipped DAW and just didn't care for it. Not sure why. I've played with a lite version of Cubase (came with a piece of hardware I bought) - same result. I just have not been able to get comfortable with either. So - I downloaded Sam Pro 9 and FINALLY I find the program I'm looking for. I've read some reviews that describe Sam as having quite a learning curve. I have found just the opposite - it seems very simple and intuitive. Granted I've tried about 10% of what this program can do, so I will still need to keep digging in, but so far, so good.

So my only reason for posting here was to say I really like what I see of Sam Pro, so far. Great program. Now - if I can come up with the $$$!!

By the way - what's up with the crossgrade offers I've seen online? Is that legit?

Thanks for listening to my rant. Once I make my purchase I'm sure I'll be back with plenty of questions!

Yup - I have a problem. I downloaded the demo version of Sam Pro 9 and I really wish I wouldn't have because now I have to come up with $999 to buy this thing! I'm, a long time Adobe Audition user (in fact, as far back as Cool Edit Pro) and I've been looking for something new with MIDI capabilities. I've spent time at a friends house with his Sonar equipped DAW and just didn't care for it. Not sure why. I've played with a lite version of Cubase (came with a piece of hardware I bought) - same result. I just have not been able to get comfortable with either. So - I downloaded Sam Pro 9 and FINALLY I find the program I'm looking for. I've read some reviews that describe Sam as having quite a learning curve. I have found just the opposite - it seems very simple and intuitive. Granted I've tried about 10% of what this program can do, so I will still need to keep digging in, but so far, so good.

So my only reason for posting here was to say I really like what I see of Sam Pro, so far. Great program. Now - if I can come up with the $$$!!

By the way - what's up with the crossgrade offers I've seen online? Is that legit?

Thanks for listening to my rant. Once I make my purchase I'm sure I'll be back with plenty of questions!

The cross-grade offers are legit - well, the ones I've seen - and are exceedingly generous. I just hope they don't put people off who equate quality and price too closely! But these offers will not last forever ...

Cheers,

Eric

www.urmaudio.co.uk

If you don't need more than 24/48k, 64 tracks, 8 VSTIs, hybrid engine and all the routing possibilities of Samp, you could try Magix Music Studio deLuxe 2007 (12 in UK) wich is a lite Samp9 and is 60€.

Music Studio

But not yet distributed in the US...

Or you could try Samp 8 SE

From these there are also good crossgrade

I was in the same boat you are in a few weeks ago. Saved a bundle by going with the crossgrade version. :)

I was in the same boat you are in a few weeks ago. Saved a bundle by going with the crossgrade version. :)

I bought it thru the crossgrade deal for $399

I used the MAGIX stuff before and while they are good beginer programs they do not use the same audio engine, and it is very noticable