darth fader

Altiverb In Mono?

Hello all.

I'm trying to get Altiverb Mono IR's to work, but am having problems.

Seems like the 'mono' track switch is buggy..

I got the program and AV to 'talk' once.. where the Altiverb was functioning as a mono in / mono out plugin, but can't replicate it.

Any ideas?

Husky

Sequoia 9.1 / RME 9632

Hello all.

I got the program and AV to 'talk' once.. where the Altiverb was functioning as a mono in / mono out plugin, but can't replicate it.

Any ideas?

Husky

Sequoia 9.1 / RME 9632

You've probably already seen this but just in case . . . . It looks like there might of been a similar problem that was fixed last year for Cubase and Nuendo. Maybe it's a related issue??

August 02, 2006 - Altiverb 5.4.6 for Mac OS X & Windows XP, all versions updated[VST]

fixed IR recall in mono to mono versions when used in Cubase and Nuendo.

Best of luck with you problem.

Hello all.

Any ideas?

Husky

Sequoia 9.1 / RME 9632

You've probably already seen this but just in case . . . . It looks like there might of been a similar problem that was fixed last year for Cubase and Nuendo. Maybe it's a related issue??

August 02, 2006 - Altiverb 5.4.6 for Mac OS X & Windows XP, all versions updated[VST]

fixed IR recall in mono to mono versions when used in Cubase and Nuendo.

Best of luck with you problem.

Hard to say.

..Like i said, i got AV to load in MONO, once, and that was after i went and moved the PAN to after the VST Pre slot, in the Track / Plugin Routing dialog.

Unfortunately, i could not get it to load again, in mono.. no matter whether i put the track in mono first, instantiated the plugin first.. moved the pan pre or post vst.. etc etc., so i can't say that the pan postition, as it were, had anything to do with it.

I've gotten screenshots from Magix support with it working.. so again, i'm a bit in the dark here.

THe main issue here is that i have some IR's.. actually a LOT.. that i've made, from analog delays, tape delays, megaphones etc etc.. and always used them in Plogue Bidule on the MAC, via lightpipe into Sequoia, but since AV has been ported to PC, i can't use them.

Mainly due to Sequoia's handling of mono tracks.. or lack thereof.

H

Husky,

What version of seq are you running? v9 does support mono tracks. I've had lots o' success with them since I upgraded. Also...

Do you know where Altiverb is in your fx chain? Sometimes that will affect the true mono-ness/stereo-ness in the equation.

Husky,

What version of seq are you running? v9 does support mono tracks. I've had lots o' success with them since I upgraded. Also...

Do you know where Altiverb is in your fx chain? Sometimes that will affect the true mono-ness/stereo-ness in the equation.

I'm using 9.1 and AV 6.06 (i believe.. it's the latest one, anyhow).

I'm putting AV in the PRE Vst slot, and moving the PAN before or after it.. as per the previous post.

Are you using Altiverb, or are you talking in general?

This is a problem for me, as i have lots of mono in / mono out IR's that i've made but can not use.

Husky,

I'm putting AV in the PRE Vst slot, and moving the PAN before or after it.. as per the previous post.

This is a problem for me, as i have lots of mono in / mono out IR's that i've made but can not use.

More general, I don't have altiverb. Back in the v8 days I always had to be careful about where I put my plugs in the chain for mono operation (Amplitube was a problem). Those issues resolved with 9.

BTW: (I am almost hesitant to mention this) I was using Amplitube as part of a virtual "echo chamber" processing chain as an homage to a mixing engineer I once had the pleasure to assist, who's initials are H. H.

;)

Husky,

More general, I don't have altiverb. Back in the v8 days I always had to be careful about where I put my plugs in the chain for mono operation (Amplitube was a problem). Those issues resolved with 9.

;)

I'm at a loss here. I've got Magix and Audio Ease tech support working on this.

A large part of the problem here is that Altiverb was only just recently ported to the PC, so i'm assuming there are not a lot of Seq / Sam + Altiverb users out there, yet. Which is a shame, as it's by a long shot, the best IR reverb out there..