GPRS

Recording Audio From Vstis

Is there a way in which you can record audio directly in real time when playing VSTis? I have got an instrument output routed to an audio track and the meters are responding but when I record I get nothing. Surely there must be a way of doing this easily? Thanks.

there will always be the latency aspect of converting the live vsti to audio. I think its double due to the routing.

I tried it a few times and I dont use it. Ill just convert after the fact, its faster then a lot of other programs. ;)

Nevertheless, recording live VSTi audio should work, I have just checked it once more with V9.1.1 (Mixer monitoring Mode).

Route the VSTi audio to a different track than the MIDI (thru) track, and arm that audio track for recording.

Now the VSTi audio gets recorded.

Nevertheless, recording live VSTi audio should work, I have just checked it once more with V9.1.1 (Mixer monitoring Mode).

Route the VSTi audio to a different track than the MIDI (thru) track, and arm that audio track for recording.

Now the VSTi audio gets recorded.

Hello,

I'm new here and I actually use Magix Music Studio 2007 but I plan to switch to Samplitude Pro 9. Well, I will switch without any doubt if I can record VSTI on another audio track, because it's the way that I work, I prefer to play my vstis live as real keyboards and record them on the fly.

So you confirm that it's possible but does it works well? Does we have to mute the other tracks?

Does anyone else use this kind of routing?

Thank you very muc!

Maybe a new Samplitude user :unsure:

Hello,

I'm new here and I actually use Magix Music Studio 2007 but I plan to switch to Samplitude Pro 9. Well, I will switch without any doubt if I can record VSTI on another audio track, because it's the way that I work, I prefer to play my vstis live as real keyboards and record them on the fly.

So you confirm that it's possible but does it works well? Does we have to mute the other tracks?

No mute required - you can even record several VSTis and multiple audio outputs on different tracks at the same time, I have just checked this once more with V9.1.1.

Hello!

Thank you very much!! So I will probably become a Samplitude user very soon :unsure: I just hope that my soundcard will follow well this way of recording VSTis :ph34r: