Sign in to follow this  
dbMedia

Microsoft Vista

My neighbor bought a new machine this month past and it came loaded with Vista and it is a dog because of it. Slow as you cannot believe.

Now, I don't have Vista, and I don't know how tweakable it is, but out of the box, it wants to control everything, and injects itself, by way of security pop ups and other invasives, all over the place. Downloading a software upgrade/driver was nightmarish.

This is ancectdotal, and not the final word or expert by any means, but I would not touch Vist with a ten foot pole -- as of right now, anyway. But my experience trying to make my neighbor's perfectly good and nearly new HP printer all in one machine work with this anal retentive beast (it was fine with XP, perfect) was a pure horror show.

Z

According to this article: http://rainrecording.co.uk/vista/performance Cubase 4 and a bunch of VST and VSTi's are working faster on Vista without any optimizations (i.e. Vista installed just as it is) than on optimized Windows XP.

The bad thing for me personally is that M-Audio still don't have drivers for the Delta series (Audiophile 192 in my case).

I think there are not too many users with V8 on Vista. Officially, it is not compatible.

I know that you can run it. I did so. But I run Vista as it was XP, tunring off everything you can that makes Vista different from XP.

/S