Rockem

Adjusting The Grid To Acomodate Audio

if I have pre recorded audio tracks

can I adjust the grid to fit these tracks

thanx

Eli

Try picking a range that is 4 beats long (or any number of beats you want), and hit the 'y' key. Set your tempo to match 4 beats based on the range.

Sortof tricky, but doable.

In V10 you can do it a little faster with the new audio quantize feature.

Greg

if I have pre recorded audio tracks

can I adjust the grid to fit these tracks

thanx

Eli

Try picking a range that is 4 beats long (or any number of beats you want), and hit the 'y' key. Set your tempo to match 4 beats based on the range.

Sortof tricky, but doable.

In V10 you can do it a little faster with the new audio quantize feature.

Greg

y, open the options dialog.

but I got your point, this is hell trying to do that, I thought it would be easy in samp

since everybody works here with audio

also AQ is automatic, I wanted some way to do it manually (drag the grid) line in cubase (Time Warp)

also to my understanding QA is for accommodate audio to the tempo and not vice versa

i never saw an option to drag the grid . . . .

Sometimes i can need make a hotsopt to align specials waves. . . . but normally, the musicians play accord the time.

(well... that are my desires ha ha ha)

I can not think in my mind a situation when musicians record and after this i will need acomodate the time. . . . is not very pro.

I saw functions like this on ableton live . . . and programs for nintendo, pocketpc or psp.

Maybe you are try'ng to make music with samplitude. . . and of course is possibe, but i think in samplitude like a software to record music not to make music.

A lot of times, we bounce files from cubase , reason or live to a samplitude project . . . To create music is not the same to record music.

Lots of people making music, but only a few persons record music . . . maybe for this reason, samplitude is not very popular. And maybe the error from magix is try to make a program to make music with samplitude engine.

I can not think in a song with robota rythm (only for kraftwerk) :blink: , and midi in samplitude is not nice yet. Try rewire with reason ot to take control with behringer midi controller . . . . uffffa!!

do you need dragg the grid?

well . . .then i want to make flowers with grid . . . (it is more nice)

to have more options is not equal to have the best program.

The first thing when i try cubase was:

WHERE IS MY SOUND??? I know each bit of my sound, sometimes i put names to these bits . . . and i do no want a program that kill my little baby bits, and give another similar baby bits.

of course, my help is not nice help. :angry:

Sometimes i can need make a hotsopt to align specials waves. . . . but normally, the musicians play accord the time.

(well... that are my desires ha ha ha)

I can not think in my mind a situation when musicians record and after this i will need acomodate the time. . . . is not very pro.

I saw functions like this on ableton live . . . and programs for nintendo, pocketpc or psp.

Maybe you are try'ng to make music with samplitude. . . and of course is possibe, but i think in samplitude like a software to record music not to make music.

A lot of times, we bounce files from cubase , reason or live to a samplitude project . . . To create music is not the same to record music.

Lots of people making music, but only a few persons record music . . . maybe for this reason, samplitude is not very popular. And maybe the error from magix is try to make a program to make music with samplitude engine.

I can not think in a song with robota rythm (only for kraftwerk) :blink: , and midi in samplitude is not nice yet. Try rewire with reason ot to take control with behringer midi controller . . . . uffffa!!

do you need dragg the grid?

well . . .then i want to make flowers with grid . . . (it is more nice)

to have more options is not equal to have the best program.

The first thing when i try cubase was:

WHERE IS MY SOUND??? I know each bit of my sound, sometimes i put names to these bits . . . and i do no want a program that kill my little baby bits, and give another similar baby bits.

of course, my help is not nice help. :angry:

ha ?

making music ? recording music ?

differences ?

what I have is a recorded stuff coming from a digital tracker, , and its not perfectly in time

not very pro ?

I don't know, a song changes its tempo once in a while and its good

I didn't know there are rules .. pro .. not pro :blink:

Since V9.1 you can drag beat position markers and the grid follows while you are moving the mouse. Same is possible with tempo markers.

Look at the pinned topic in the Samplitude MIDI Forum: Fitting A Grid To Existing Audio or Midi, Filmmusic workflow, how to do?

http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude...ost&p=63672

Greetings,

Frank

Since V9.1 you can drag beat position markers and the grid follows while you are moving the mouse. Same is possible with tempo markers.

Look at the pinned topic in the Samplitude MIDI Forum: Fitting A Grid To Existing Audio or Midi, Filmmusic workflow, how to do?

http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude...ost&p=63672

Greetings,

Frank

thanx !!!

this is GREAT, just what I wanted

samplitude always surprise me in a very good way :angry: