beezil

Samplitude V 6.0 - Will It Still Work?

Hi all

I have an unopened version of Samplitude 6.0. I know it's old! My question is, is it still possible to register and use this, assuming you have the appropriate old computer hardware/Windows versions?

Thanks!!

I use Samp v6, it works fine on XP. It also works on Vista but I can't rely on it. I was getting audio glitches every now and then using Echoaudio Gina3G card. It was also quite sluggish in Vista, and I'm using a quad core with 2gb of ram.

I use Samp v6, it works fine on XP. It also works on Vista but I can't rely on it. I was getting audio glitches every now and then using Echoaudio Gina3G card. It was also quite sluggish in Vista, and I'm using a quad core with 2gb of ram.

Believe it or not I still have V6, 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, and now V10 on the same machine.

Somewhere I have the original V5.x floppies :)

Call me nostalgic.

Greg

Believe it or not I still have V6, 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, and now V10 on the same machine.

Yeah! But why? O.k., I Understand but... Don't get me wrong I had the same on my computer (including V5 but except V10 on XP) and I always thought that I would switch maybe back for one project for any reason. But it never happend so on my new Notebook I just installed V10 and I'm fine with that. I already mixed a lot with V10 and sent it to someone with V8.31 for some more editing he does and got it back afterwards to go on...no problems! So for me there is no reason to keep my harddrives full with the older versions anymore. :blink:

Best wishes,

Peter

Yeah! But why? O.k., I Understand but... Don't get me wrong I had the same on my computer (including V5 but except V10 on XP) and I always thought that I would switch maybe back for one project for any reason. But it never happend so on my new Notebook I just installed V10 and I'm fine with that. I already mixed a lot with V10 and sent it to someone with V8.31 for some more editing he does and got it back afterwards to go on...no problems! So for me there is no reason to keep my harddrives full with the older versions anymore. :blink:

Best wishes,

Peter

Like I said, no particular reason. Just nostalgic.

Actually on my main DAW now it's just V10.x and 7.23, which I use for mixdown ITB routing through Scope environment.

Greg

Hey Greg,

thanks for your response!

7.23, which I use for mixdown ITB routing through Scope environment.

That's interesting! Is it because of the dongle or why 7.23?

Best wishes,

Peter

Hey Greg,

thanks for your response!

7.23, which I use for mixdown ITB routing through Scope environment.

That's interesting! Is it because of the dongle or why 7.23?

Best wishes,

Peter

Yes, 7.23 didn't require the dongle, so I can have multiple instances on the same machine.

Greg

Hey Greg,

ah, I understand... In one of the SAM 8-versions it was possible to open multiple instances even with the dongle. Have you tried it with V10? Maybe it's possible (haven't tried out) otherwise they can fix it in a coming patch release?!

All the best,

Peter

Hey Greg,

ah, I understand... In one of the SAM 8-versions it was possible to open multiple instances even with the dongle. Have you tried it with V10? Maybe it's possible (haven't tried out) otherwise they can fix it in a coming patch release?!

All the best,

Peter

I honestly haven't taken the time to try multiple instances of V10 (believe it or not), but obviously multiple VIPs can be opened, so my next 'test' will be to do some 'external' hardware routing out to Scope (actually internal to the PC), and back in. It SHOULD work.

Too much flexibility. Makes my head spin.

Greg

Too much flexibility. Makes my head spin.

I know the problem... :blink: Back in the old days the limited choices made it easier to concentrate on sound then on digital / analog "routing wars". I wish you good luck!

Best,

Peter

Hi. I'm a long time user of Samp. Used to hang out at the older forum. Just came back to this forum, did a search and found this thread. I just went Vista with a new set up and can't get Samp 6 (2496) to work. Any chance you might want to pass along how you got it going? It installs but will not launch. Thanks,

Ken