Sign in to follow this  
musicB

Samplitude 10 - Hardware Dongle? / Pro Studio Vat Reduction?

Hi All,

I'm considering buying Samplitude 10 online (499 euro version)

As a pro studio, can i buy it online without the 19% VAT? (i have a valid european VAT number)? I don't see any option for this in the online shop.

I'll need to run Samplitude on my home computer as well as in the studio. So I'll need a hardware dongle. Is it possible to run the downloadable e-version of Samplitude with a dongle? If so, where / how do i buy it. Again, no info that i could find on the samplitude site.

Thanks in advance!

there is no downloadable e-version of Samplitude 10 available. Even you order online, you will receive a package.

About the VAT, you need to ask our sales dept., if you have not done already. samplitude[at]magix.net

you can order an additional dongle for 99Euro to use it on different computers.

best, Andre

best, Andre

Hi Andre,

Does this mean i have to have 2 dongles to use samplitude on 2 different compters? - i thought that the whole idea of a dongle is that you can take it to different computers!!!

MB

You can install Sam anywhere, even on 100 machines, as you like. But with only 1 dongle, you can only start 1 the app on one machine at a time. So the idea of additional dongles is to exand the number of simultaneosly running machines.

BTW, the CodeMeter (dongle) software can be configured as a server app. Here, one physical dongle (carrying multiple licences) can be accessed via TCP/IP. In such a case, only one piece of hardware is needed and you only purchase additional licences as needed. This is especially an option when workstations are connected to an (internal) network anyway, such as to act as a workgroup.

Wow - I didnt know this was possible - I've bought two full licences to let my assistant work simultaniously..

lost some money there it seems :lol:

Good thing this is a possibility though - I may buy one to have a third..

br

Eirik

Before this becomes an urban myth: I don't think André means that you get a full new license just for the price of the dongle. I think he rather means that you get the Dongle benefits for that price in case you don't already own one. This was similar for Samplitude V7, and the mess-up was the like as well.

/S

Before this becomes an urban myth: I don't think André means that you get a full new license just for the price of the dongle. I think he rather means that you get the Dongle benefits for that price in case you don't already own one. This was similar for Samplitude V7, and the mess-up was the like as well.

Thanks - yeah - I should have guessed it was too good to be true...

The second dongle can be useful for a pro studio as an emergency spare that can be used immediately if the original gets damaged or stolen.

I *think* it has a limited life until fully activated by telling Magix support to block the original and activate the new.

At least that's how I understand it.

Though Murphy's Law states that you will probably have forgeooten where you safely stored the emergency dongle just at the time you need it. :lol: