urm eric

Samp/seq Training And Articles

QUOTE(John Willett @ Oct 29 2007, 11:17 AM) *

Eric does excellent courses on both Sequoia and SADiE and worth every penny (I spent a day with him learning Sequoia's source/destination editing).

------

I've just spent last weekend on a 2-day Sequoia course with Eric, and enjoyed every minute of it! We spent quite a lot of time on source/destination editing using some material I had recorded (violin/piano), then spent the latter part of the course concentrating on Sequoia's mixing capabilities. Sequoia's source/destination editing and crossfading capabilities are worth their weight in gold, and definitely worth an upgrade from Samplitude Pro.

So, many thanks to Eric for giving up the weekend before Christmas to train me - he's an inspiration. Oh, and his coffee is second to none too!

Mark

-----

John Willett

Actually I may have to go back to Eric again for a bit more fine tuning.

I was wondering whether it would be useful for a few of us to pool resources and have a small group training ???

--------------------

John Willett

Circle Sound Services

President - Fédération Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons

Chairman - British Sound Recording Association

------------

I'd definitely be up for that if Eric agrees to it!

Mark

----------

MY REPLY:

Well - this is very well-timed. we are just about to announce an up-grading of our training facilites to allow for group training! There has been a *lot* of interest in this mode so we are investing in an entirely new studio set-up. We are moving to new (well, still basically 19th century) much larger premises in the Spring and will be offering small group (3 - 5) training as well as our one-on-one training.

Maybe this is also the place to announce some up-coming Samplitude columns in *Sound on Sound* as well: there is a full review of Samp 10 Pro due in the March issue, then the long-awaited x-fades article, an article on the new automation features, and then one on the amazing new Am-munition plug-in (fabulous but frustrating!)

Cheers,

Eric

www.urmaudio.co.uk

Just bumping this.

I'm definitely up for training with Eric - it's well worth it and excellent.

But a small group would make it more cost-effective for us all.

So............................ ?

Maybe this is also the place to announce some up-coming Samplitude columns in *Sound on Sound* as well: there is a full review of Samp 10 Pro due in the March issue, then the long-awaited x-fades article, an article on the new automation features, and then one on the amazing new Am-munition plug-in (fabulous but frustrating!)

That's another great thing to hear.

Samplitude should be in the mags much more than it is right now.

Could it be filmed and made available for us guys across the pond.

For a fee of course.

My idea too! :o

Looks like it the articles didn't make the March issue (certainly not in the online subscription) - do you have any ideas when they might be published?

Many thanks!

Looks like it the articles didn't make the March issue (certainly not in the online subscription) - do you have any ideas when they might be published?

Many thanks!

Many apologies - we are still in the throes of a move to new, larger, premises to facilitate greater training opportunities, but unfortunately the temporary premises are not all we thought they were going to be and this has slowed us down on quite a few things. The Samp 10 review is in the next issue: copy has already been submitted; next in line is an article on Samp x-fade use and editing; then a masterclass on using the fabulous new Am-munition compressor/limiter; and then ...

More good news: we are getting our heads together with the UK Samp distributor and will hope to be running some countrywide training courses later in the year (in addition to those done at the URM Audio facilities). We are planning to make the training material more widely available; and also to make some focussed videos on Mastering With Sequoia and suchlike. I'll keep y'all posted.

Cheers,

Eric

URM Audio Ltd