Sign in to follow this  
vmartell

Lost Codemeter Dongle Policy

Hello

1. I am a Cubase user - however I am seriously thinking of switching to Samplitude.
  2. One of the reasons is Steinberg's unfair lost dongle policy - you loose your dongle, you loose your product - no exceptions.
  3. So, before switching, I would like to ask:

• What is Magix's lost codemeter dongle policy?
  • Can you get a replacement?
  • What is the extra cost associated with it?
  • Any penalties?
  • Who handles it?

Thnx in advance!

V

Hello
  1. I am a Cubase user - however I am seriously thinking of switching to Samplitude.
  2. One of the reasons is Steinberg's unfair lost dongle policy - you loose your dongle, you loose your product - no exceptions.
  3. So, before switching, I would like to ask:

• What is Magix's lost codemeter dongle policy?
  • Can you get a replacement?
  • What is the extra cost associated with it?
  • Any penalties?
  • Who handles it?

Thnx in advance!

V

hi victor,

if you lost your dongle you will not lose your product. (that would be very stupid in my eyes). you can get an replacement dongle, if we confirm you are the owner of your product.

at defective dongles without your fault (physically intact but dead) we replace the dongle without any cost.

at defective dongles with your fault (maybe you broke it into pieces by accident) or lost dongles we will charge you for replacement dongles.

further "penalties" are not existing.

if you have such cases/issues please contact your local dealer (in US => www.orangehillaudio.com; in EU => www.samplitude.com). he will tell you all further steps.

cheers, andy

Magix's Dongle policy is fair and good.

If you lose a Dongle or it gets broken or stolen - you report it to Magix who imediately block it.

You can buy a replacement Dongle, which is delivered quickly.

If continuous working is vital for your business, you can buy a spare "emergency" Dongle which can be put into use immediatly.

The cost, I am not sure, but I think it's about £100 (but that could be €100, I'm not sure).

All very fair and reasonable I think.

At least, that's my understanding of how it works.