roger//////gitarre

Hi, Highly Newb Question.

I rather like the orange background I see in tutorials for Sequoia and Samplitude, but when I select a wave, I see only gray. I press Y and look under colors and the selected object background above and below is set to orange yet selecting a wave always yields gray. Am I missing something? :lol:

Thanks for any help.

Sequoia 10.2

You have quite a few features for color optimization in samplitude. Its really nice. :lol:

Activate the "Draw object background" option in the system settings - VIEW tab.

Thank you my friend. :)

Now if I can just figure out how to use that scrub. :lol:

You have quite a few features for color optimization in samplitude. Its really nice. :lol:

I think I'm going to be very happy with Sequoia. Its pretty amazing the whole thing. I just need to learn how to use it with style, its my first Digital audio program. Say how is that Windows Ultimate working out for you with recording? Thinking of upgrading to a new computer and I'm leaning toward laptop recording.

CPU AMD 4800 dual core, MSI mobo. 2Gig Corsair XMS RAM

Sequoia 10.02

Display: 1280x1024 @ 75Hz on 19" Samsung Monitor and Nividia 7800 GT. ( must stop gaming )

RME Fireface 800, Beyer Dynamic DT 770 Pro 80 OHM phones.

Ultimate is okay, but I suggest getting tweakvista and making it a very basic OS.

It requires a litle more in cpu and ram too.

How does it perform? its okay..I dual boot between vista and Xp X64. I like X64's speed and less cpu and ram useage. But I can also see where if given enough time vista has the ability to outperform xp for a serious daw os. gievn more time.

I think I'm going to be very happy with Sequoia. Its pretty amazing the whole thing. I just need to learn how to use it with style, its my first Digital audio program. Say how is that Windows Ultimate working out for you with recording?

Sequoia is your first DAW ? and it's for laptop recording ? :lol:

What will you do which requires Sequoia ? The color management is the same in Samplitude...

I think I'm going to be very happy with Sequoia. Its pretty amazing the whole thing. I just need to learn how to use it with style, its my first Digital audio program. Say how is that Windows Ultimate working out for you with recording?

Sequoia is your first DAW ? and it's for laptop recording ? :lol:

What will you do which requires Sequoia ? The color management is the same in Samplitude...

I'm not sure what your point is. Yes Sequoia is my first DAW. Is there something wrong with laptops? Do you recommend not using a laptop, I was just considering upgrading my computer somewhat and was considering both desktop and laptop. I bought Sequoia because I think it is the best. I will record music with it. I also like the aspect of learning some of the video features, to be honest, its all new to me so I'll just learn it all my friend. Let's just say I just like the name Sequoia, it sounds deep :) . The color management is not the main reason for using it, I was just asking a question about it. :) Samplitude is a fine program, I just had the money to get the best version, call me crazy. :)

Ultimate is okay, but I suggest getting tweakvista and making it a very basic OS.

It requires a litle more in cpu and ram too.

How does it perform? its okay..I dual boot between vista and Xp X64. I like X64's speed and less cpu and ram useage. But I can also see where if given enough time vista has the ability to outperform xp for a serious daw os. gievn more time.

And you use Samplitude on both boots? .....

I really just want the vista for directx10, (for flightsimming :lol: )sad but true.

I'm not sure what your point is. Yes Sequoia is my first DAW. Is there something wrong with laptops? Do you recommend not using a laptop, I was just considering upgrading my computer somewhat and was considering both desktop and laptop. I bought Sequoia because I think it is the best. I will record music with it. I also like the aspect of learning some of the video features, to be honest, its all new to me so I'll just learn it all my friend. Let's just say I just like the name Sequoia, it sounds deep :) . The color management is not the main reason for using it, I was just asking a question about it. :lol: Samplitude is a fine program, I just had the money to get the best version, call me crazy. :)

I can imagine the question, but hey, if I had the money I'd buy Sequoia as well.(the best all-in-one program there is)

Unfortunately I don't have the money, but I'm happy with Samplitude V10 :)

I would suggest upgrading to a PC if you prefer recording at home.

And go for a Quad Core machine. (mine is running pretty good)

Sam/Seq will be optimized for Quad Core in a few months I hope.

And make it a silent one.

If you want to record on location, a laptop would be your choice.

I'm not sure what your point is. Yes Sequoia is my first DAW. Is there something wrong with laptops? Do you recommend not using a laptop, I was just considering upgrading my computer somewhat and was considering both desktop and laptop. I bought Sequoia because I think it is the best. I will record music with it. I also like the aspect of learning some of the video features, to be honest, its all new to me so I'll just learn it all my friend. Let's just say I just like the name Sequoia, it sounds deep B) . The color management is not the main reason for using it, I was just asking a question about it. :lol: Samplitude is a fine program, I just had the money to get the best version, call me crazy. :o

I can imagine the question, but hey, if I had the money I'd buy Sequoia as well.(the best all-in-one program there is)

Unfortunately I don't have the money, but I'm happy with Samplitude V10 :o

You will be delighted with Sequoia - I am.

It's worth it for the source/destination editing alone. B)

You'll like it even more with...... :lol: