krizrox

Vst Effects Management In Sampro 10

Is it possible to remove the mention of VST effects that show up in the VST menu as available plug-ins? I assume that Sam does a system wide search during installation and then loads those locations into a default ini file somewhere. But I would like to remove some of the VST effects that are showing up (while not actually removing them from my hard drive). Is this possible?

Yes, kind of special trick :)

Shift+Click the plug-in the fx dialog "Add Plug-in" menu.

To reactivate the plug-in, modify/delete its line in the vstplugins.ini and rescan your VST folder.

Greetings,

Frank

post-710-1204208590_thumb.jpg

Not really required, but a tab in the manager to show plugins used? maybe be able to export as a text file?

I can kinda see this when going from studio to studio, but thats about it...not major.

Elgin? Dang! Im a Southsider residing in northern cook county. :)

Ha yeah we're neighbors.

btw - I noticed this trick didn't work for DX effects - only VST's (unless I was mistaken). I would love to get them out of the picture as well.

Jeese, I havent seen or used a dx effect in...well....a while :)

Howdy Neighbor...is that how Mr. Rogers did it? or Hello boys and girls? Or something like that..Or was that mr. robinson from saturday night live? early 80's..eddie murphy. ;)

I have a lot of DX plugs that come with Sonar and CD Architect. The ones that come with CD Architect don't work outside of CD Architect for some reason. I'll eventually dump CD Architect in favor of Sam but I'm stuck with Sonar for the time being until I can purge all current and semi-current works in progress.