Hi Roger,

don`t know such a vst plugin. Sometimes I play the guitar with a Roland GK-3, make a midi recording and insert the yellowtools MajesticBass. But that is difficult and time expansive. Best way is playing a real bass.

Regards, Werner

Hi Roger,

don`t know such a vst plugin. Sometimes I play the guitar with a Roland GK-3, make a midi recording and insert the yellowtools MajesticBass. But that is difficult and time expansive. Best way is playing a real bass.

Regards, Werner

I can pick up a bass but...

You are telling me there is no way to make a guitar sound like a bass? I've tried cheap zoom recorders that have effects for that.

You could play a bass line on the guitar, then use EA (in Samplitude) to pitch the part down. I've tried some stuff along these lines and have gotten interesting ( and useable) results. In fact, I would try that, then run it thru AM-phibia!

You could play a bass line on the guitar, then use EA (in Samplitude) to pitch the part down. I've tried some stuff along these lines and have gotten interesting ( and useable) results. In fact, I would try that, then run it thru AM-phibia!

Great idea, thank you. :)

IMHO results with all pitch shifting/lowering in this case :o / and bass emulating effects with hardware devices do not provde satisfactory results.

I would rather pick a cheap Squier/Washburn/Ibanez/Yamaha real bass, record it and then USE am|phibia :blink::P

If all you are doing is minimal bass work, Independence works well when "played" via midi keyboard.

If you are trying to duplicate any advanced finger techniques like pop/slap or fretless then nothing beats real...

I've actually been surprised how well Independence holds up, when the bass is just there to keep the low end going and not a featured instrument.

Didn't Jaco Pastorius use Independence on most of his live stuff? :blink:

IMHO results with all pitch shifting/lowering in this case :o / and bass emulating effects with hardware devices do not provde satisfactory results.

I would rather pick a cheap Squier/Washburn/Ibanez/Yamaha real bass, record it and then USE am|phibia :blink::P

No, I will buy a bass eventually. Sometimes you just need a bottom that isn't necessarily strings on an instrument.

Yup.

For that I use Robota (included in Samp Pro) or some (church/synth) organs, although not quite getting the attack and the punch of a "something-with-strings". The option will be using synths, such as Minimoog VA (do search at Google on it, if you think it'll make use for you), little freeware Moog/like synth.

But...being a guitar player, I bow before the stringed instruments, ya know :blink:

I used a cheap Squier Affinity P-Bass and the Ampeg SVX plugin on some recordings and was very pleased with the sound.

:) This all reminds me of an EQ panel discussion I attended a few years ago with George Massenburg, Rupert Neve, ?Saul Wilson? (founder of API), Geoff Daking, Paul Wolff & Malcom Toft. Somebody asked the panel what the first eq changes they would make during a recording session.

Massenburg: "I would move the Mic" Toft: "then I would change the Mic." :):angry:;)

so, of course, recording a real bass will give you a great bass sound.

Yup.

For that I use Robota (included in Samp Pro) or some (church/synth) organs, although not quite getting the attack and the punch of a "something-with-strings". The option will be using synths, such as Minimoog VA (do search at Google on it, if you think it'll make use for you), little freeware Moog/like synth.

But...being a guitar player, I bow before the stringed instruments, ya know :)

You play any Segovia Bach transcriptions. I play that Gavotte in E.

Was wondering how did you get that question, when I looked into my signature :)

So out-of-topic, but yeah I played all sorts of classical stuff nearly 20 year ago at my classical guitar lessons.

Since it didn't sound that cool for a contemporary teenager at that time, I switched to highly distorted electrics. But I am still having some joy with my classical and some other fine acoustic instruments from time to time.

Was wondering how did you get that question, when I looked into my signature :angry:

So out-of-topic, but yeah I played all sorts of classical stuff nearly 20 year ago at my classical guitar lessons.

Since it didn't sound that cool for a contemporary teenager at that time, I switched to highly distorted electrics. But I am still having some joy with my classical and some other fine acoustic instruments from time to time.

Its my thread !! :) You can go off topic!! Heck there's hardly anyone in the vst room anyway. :)

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a bass/simulating VST to use with electric guitar?

Thanks

Roger

I would recommend Steinberg Virtual Bassist VSTi or even Bornemark Broomstick Bass Vsti for Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker, Hagstrom, Ashbory and so on ....

Cheers !

Steinberg Virtual Bassist VSTi

You can't buy the VB anymore, cause Steinberg stopped selling VB and VG.

I would recommend the Trilogy with IK Multimedia Ampeg VST (this Plug is great!!!).

Steinberg Virtual Bassist VSTi

You can't buy the VB anymore, cause Steinberg stopped selling VB and VG.

I would recommend the Trilogy with IK Multimedia Ampeg VST (this Plug is great!!!).

Sidechaining again :ph34r:, but can you elaborate a bit more on Ampeg, i.e. is it alone can fit nicely into a track (i.e. not mixed with tracked bass amp)? I know that this rather sounds like a bit vague question (and it is :D ), but just your experience...

I can pick up a bass but...

You are telling me there is no way to make a guitar sound like a bass? I've tried cheap zoom recorders that have effects for that.

Eddie Cochran cut a number of songs playing bass lines on his detuned Gretsch 6120.

Yes, try recording the bassline on guitar - using mostly low string, and then pitch down in Samplitude's Elastic Audio.

Then run the result through Vandal bass amp and maybe amphibia.

It's not real-time, but you wouldn't have to necessarily use MIDI.

...or just get a MIDI guitar (that's what I do :) ). Then there lots of options.

Greg

Yes, try recording the bassline on guitar - using mostly low string, and then pitch down in Samplitude's Elastic Audio.

Then run the result through Vandal bass amp and maybe amphibia.

It's not real-time, but you wouldn't have to necessarily use MIDI.

...or just get a MIDI guitar (that's what I do :) ). Then there lots of options.

Greg

cool idea, you mean use pitch shift and time mode?