FLOW4JC

Samplitude Vs Ms Delux12 (sound Quality Question)

I there a difference in sound quality between these two DAWs?

I have seen the version differences chart on the samplitude website and have examined it closely. Aside from the feature differences I just want to know about the sound quality.

I know MS Delux has 44.1, but can you record 24bit on it? The comparison chart did not talk about bit rate in regard to recording.

I am asking because everytime I talk to a Samp disciple about this question they always start tellin me about the feature differences instead of answering my question. I know they want me to buy Samp, but they fail to realize that I am already a proud owner of Samplitude Pro V9, everysince V8. I am just lookin for a way to work with some smaller budget artist who want to do some work together, but want to have a more complete audio and midi set up like that which is offered by MS Delux 12. They not looking to buy VST instruments just want all their tools in one box. Since I am a registred user I thought I would just ask my question here cause although they cannot afford Samp at this time, if they can get great audio quality with MS Delux 12, then we all win.

thanks,

As far as I am aware all Magix audio editors use the same basic engine - that would mean that there is no sound quality difference at all between them.

The differences being in the facilities you get for the money.

So, should be no problem with 24-bits.

Personally I think I would go for Samplitude SE over Music Studio as MS is limited to 48kHz and SE will do 96kHz.

I use MS12 (for the denoiser) and MS14. I compared them with Samp demo.

I hear a clear difference on the same vip between MS12 and Samp demo. The sound is more "flat", more synthetic...

The difference is not at all evident between MS14 and Samp demo if you don't use dithering in Samplitude (MS14/2008 don't have dithering)

For me, MS14 is really Samp instead of MS12 witch is not.

There is a demo of the german MS14 (2008) version here

For midi works, MS14 is far better than MS12 witch was the first version with midi integration (no automation, no score editor, no latency compensation, no hybrid engine...)

Thanks for the info. Although I cannot speak or read German that was really helpful. I wonder when this MS14 will hit the USA.

blessings,

Is that "MS14" similar to what is called in german "Magix Music Studio 2008"?

...yep, that is right. "MS14" is "Music Studio 2008".

cheers, andy

I use MS12 (for the denoiser) and MS14. I compared them with Samp demo.

I hear a clear difference on the same vip between MS12 and Samp demo. The sound is more "flat", more synthetic...

The difference is not at all evident between MS14 and Samp demo.

For me, MS14 is really Samp instead of MS12 witch is not.

There is a demo of the german MS14 (2008) version here

For midi works, MS14 is far better than MS12 witch was the first version with midi integration (no automation, no score editor, no latency compensation, no hybrid engine...)

I'll second all of the above.

MS14/MS2008 is a good DAW with some great software instruments from Yellowtools.

You can record up to 48kHz/24bit.

There is a limited amount of tracks (64)

It has VST multi out

MIDI is great!

I can even open Sam VIP's in MS14 and vice versa as long as you have the same SR/bit!!!!!!!!

MS14 is out in the UK!!

Specs are found HERE

-peter

MS14/MS2008 is a good DAW with some great software instruments from Yellowtools.

Yes, indeed!

It's really cool and it would fit my needs nearly completely.

If it had - let's say - 6 Aux channels and 6 busses it would be perfect to me.

And it is skinnable too. I can for example use the birdline skins. Only the two button of the fx section and the dynamics button are not available in those skins. maybe spyros could work on that. I should ask him about that.