Zep Dude

Why Doesn't Magix Post Audio Examples?

I posted here a while back and and still considering making the move from Pro Tools HD. I admit to holding back because of of inertia. I already have invested +10 years in PT and the thought of learning another DAW is daunting (plus having to get a PC, yuck! Mac is the future!). Also, I have an investment in TDM/RTAS plugins and am not sure how many of those will function as VST.

The one thing that would cause me to pull the trigger is if someone could demonstrate a sonic improvement over Pro Tools. I'm talking about a scientific test of identical files mixed in Pro Tools and then in Sequoia/Samplitude using the exact same parameters, levels, pans etc and checked with test tones for each channel to confirm levels are exact.

If a test like this demonstrated that a mix from Magix products were sonically superior I would literally lose sleep knowing my mixes were being compromised by continuing to use Pro Tools and would pull the trigger on purchasing and learning Sequoia.

If this is, in fact, the case, why has Magix not posted audio examples to demonstrate this?

Better... better...

Better is subjective . I think it sounds better but you may not... :blink: I`ve heard great stuff comng out of PT, i wouldnt loose sleep . Direct comparisons isnt Magix style i dont thnk ... i noticed a huge sonic diff. going from SX to Samplitude ... BTW many are running Smp/Seq succesfully on Mac pros via bootcamp..

I think you should try to find someone in your area to actually hear a demonstration.

Someone with PT and Samplitude.

-peter

I think you should try to find someone in your area to actually hear a demonstration.

-peter

ut

I would love that, but I don't know anyone in the NY studio scene who's using it. If someone reads this and would like to demonstrate it, I'd love to check see it in action and maybe try to figure out if we can do a comparison test with Pro tools. I've looked at the videos on this site but there's a great deal more I would like to see.

-peter

ut

I would love that, but I don't know anyone in the NY studio scene who's using it. If someone reads this and would like to demonstrate it, I'd love to check see it in action and maybe try to figure out if we can do a comparison test with Pro tools. I've looked at the videos on this site but there's a great deal more I would like to see.

Zep dude ..Why dont you DL the Demo and do some tests yourself... ? Cheers , Rich

-peter

ut

Zep dude ..Why dont you DL the Demo and do some tests yourself... ? Cheers , Rich

Yeah, I'm going to download the demo. I have a Del laptop that should run it fine. Unfortunately, I don't have an interface that can get me to my converters (I use Pro Tools HD and have the digital 192), so using the built in computer audio won't give me an idea of the sound quality.

BTW many are running Smp/Seq succesfully on Mac pros via bootcamp..

Do you know if this is reliable for large sessions (200 tracks)?

Hey zepdude.. yea im pretty sure it runs pretty much the same as it would on PC since its actually running on XP with bootcamp anyways.. probably will run better with 10.1 since multicore support will be better optimized now.

You should really talk to Tom Sailor at Orangehill though,

http://www.orangehillaudio.com/

hes right next to ya in Ohio.. hes the man and hes got the bootcamp thing going on there perfectly. Hell really be able to answer all your Samp and mac related Q:

really, give him a call.. Cheers Rich

BTW many are running Smp/Seq succesfully on Mac pros via bootcamp..

Do you know if this is reliable for large sessions (200 tracks)?

Hey zepdude.. yea im pretty sure it runs pretty much the same as it would on PC since its actually running on XP with bootcamp anyways.. probably will run better with 10.1 since multicore support will be better optimized now.

You should really talk to Tom Sailor at Orangehill though,

http://www.orangehillaudio.com/

hes right next to ya in Ohio.. hes the man and hes got the bootcamp thing going on there perfectly. Hell really be able to answer all your Samp and mac related Q:

really, give him a call.. Cheers Rich

I believe there are mix/mastering labs in NY that do some tracking in PT, but do all their mixes using Samplitude.

I am not a believer in the infamous 'null test', or even the test tone test, since you're really only resolving the mix inside the particular host you're working in. Best test is to take a familiar mix out of PT and load it into Samplitude in a familiar listening environment and hear if there is a distinct 'transparency' or 'air-ee-ness' to the overall mix. I know these are highly subjective descriptions, but there it is.

Greg

Too bad you arent in chicago. I could do a demo on PT HD 3 vs. Sequoia 10 and you could see if samplitude is right for you.

IM upgrading my setup and getting into some serious projects including a pbs tv show and some future work with Stevie WOnder if all goes well...and Ill be using Sequoia for it all.

Also I am still trying to wet MAgix's ear about me and my production partner Bill Dickens (myspace.combillthebuddhadickens ) about doing clininc at Guitar Centers usig Samplitude and Sequoia.

Big Question..yeah most people will come out to see Billy, but would you stay if we did demo's of samplitude and Sequoia?