Sign in to follow this  
Alex A.

Variverb Update

Hi

I owe Variverb pro vst and read somewhere that there is a version 1.1

When I go to my products page I can find only downloads for my Samplitude 10 pro update but cant find update for Variverb pro?

btw .. Does anyone have any additional presets for Variverb pro?.

And Q for Sascha, Could you please implement an option for saving the presets also in a preset menu. As far as I know now it is only possibly to save them as fxb and not in a menu.

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex,

if you look two threads down in this forum, there's a link to kvr. I've explained a bit the current circumstances about VariVerb. The essence is, I'll continue working on it in July, as soon as some other projects get finished. An update will hopefully come shortly afterwards.

About the presets menu: at present, the menu shows the 'factory settings'. The presets are compiled into the DLL, they do not reside on the hard disk. I wouldn't want to mix this up.

Maybe there's a way to put all content into subfolders on the disk, but this demands for a complete new internal structure. I will think about it, but no promise can be given at this time.

BTW, have you tried creating banks of presets (fxb files which contain fxps)? That should come closer to what you seem to aim at.

Cheers,

Sascha

Thanks Sascha :D

btw.. I only missed a few more vocal plate presets. I know that here are a few good producers using Samp, so it will be maybe a good idea creating a new forum part for sharing the presets for various Samp effects.

Hi Alex :D ,

a place to share presets of SAM-effects is exactly what Sascha is planning to do.

I send him a couple of my presets for this purpose.

Maybe after the coming out of SAM 10.1 Sascha will have a bit time for the "Preset-Forum".

Best wishes

Carl

Thanks Carl

btw Sascha, I presume you already started working on Variverb pro, so I have just one question: Will you work on some further cpu optimization?

It sound better than most of the convolution reverbs, but at the same time it eat the same amount of cpu as some of the convolution reverbs.

Cheers

Alex

btw Sascha, I presume you already started working on Variverb pro

Erm... no. But surely in July.

so I have just one question: Will you work on some further cpu optimization?

It sound better than most of the convolution reverbs, but at the same time it eat the same amount of cpu as some of the convolution reverbs.

I've recently revised a lot of 'core' components in my low-level toolbox, but I haven't had a look at VV since then. But optimisation is always pretty high on my list.

There may still be a little room for speeding up VV, but I'm not sure at this stage. Thing is, for instance: the HQ algos operate on 64 delay lines. That's really a lot, although it *has* to be that much in order to do the job properly. I will see what I can do about the matrix network, all the filters in between and the buffering, as there's currently not too much benefit from the FPU's ability to perform operations in parallel. Thinking over these things eats up plenty of time, but I have to outweigh it well against other factors.