Sign in to follow this  
James Herbert

Is There A Hand Tool In Sam 10?

I have been using Sam10 for some months and am frustrated by not being able to find a tool which will allow me to move the virtual project on screen from left to right simply by grabing perhaps part of a vacant track. This is usually perfomed with a hand tool. I'm finding the current way I'm using, the bars on screen rather crude and not accurate.

Hi James,

do you really mean moving the VIP itself on the timeline, as this is not possible at all?!? The scroll bars will only move the visible section, not the content, and the VIP is the timeline itself (moving the timeline on the timeline is kind of a conundrum, agreed?)

Could it be that you rather mean moving Objects on the timeline? This is namely indeed possible and can be done with the Object Mouse Mode, or with the Universal Mouse Mode in the appropriate part of the track. "xxx-Tools" as in other Sequencers do not exist in Samplitude. The matching reference would be the Mouse Modes.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sebastian

I have been using Sam10 for some months and am frustrated by not being able to find a tool which will allow me to move the virtual project on screen from left to right simply by grabing perhaps part of a vacant track. This is usually perfomed with a hand tool. I'm finding the current way I'm using, the bars on screen rather crude and not accurate.

Try using the mousewheel.

Try using the mousewheel.

Yes, this looks more like it and I'll try it on my next project. However I notice that the curser stays rigid in one place so has to be repositioned. It's when I'm fine tuning an edit that I have found the problem. I find the scroll bars a bit crude.

I think it's a good idea. Quite similar to Sibelius where you move your workspace by grabbing and moving the manuscript "paper".

In Samplitude it would mean to grab the lower half of an empty track and move the visible workspave of the VIP.