Sign in to follow this  
hennessey

Crossgrade Details

Hello -

I am interested in crossgrading to Samplitude 10. Apologies if this has come up before, I did a search in the Forum and on the site but didn't find the information.

1. Is there a crossgrade to Samplitude 10? (Not the Master or Pro, just the standard or the Download version - DLV)

2. What are the crossgrade requirements? (Currently I'm using Cubase 4 with the dongle. I'd like to keep the dongle in case any edits are required for older projects. But I can send in the CD/Manual/Receipt)

Thanks for any info. Please point me in the right direction if this the inappropriate forum.

Hi "Cognac" (?),

I guess that's what you were looking for:

http://www.samplitude.com/eng/pdf/Pricelis...nglish_2008.pdf

You see from there, that DLV is not further discounted, as it seems. Functionally, it's the same as Samplitude. The Crossgrade obviously offers a slight saving vs. the DLV.

For further details you better contact the sales people from MAGIX. I guess they can guide you through it.

Regards,

Sebastian

Floridamusicco.com sells a Samplitude 10 crossgrade here:

Crossgrade

I'm evaluating the DLV and also am interested in the easiest crossgrade path. I'm not sure if this would be to order the crossgrade separately or if there is a way to authorize the crossgrade in my currently installed DLV.

Regards,

DB

Hi DB,

if that's for config settings, it won't matter. You can copy them.

-S

Hi Sebastian,

No, I was curious if the crossgrade licensing option was even available for the download version. I've sent an email to Magix requesting some details.

hennessey, I'll be glad to share the response I get from Magix when it arrives.

Regards,

DB

Received this from Magix regarding crossgrade options for the DLV:

Hello ,

sorry, but there is no further discount or crossgrade price for the DLV possible

best regards

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Not sure why I have to uninstall the DLV and purchase a crossgrade option just to get the same program installed, but no big deal I guess.

Regards,

DB

That's a purely administrative issue, I guess. Re-installation is one of the lesser issues this is causing.

Nevermind. You get a printed manual that way, and implicitly the right to re-sell your license in every country you want. (As some countries legally require to include an original carrier for the exemption of copy right reservations, i.e. Germany does.)

-S