TimN

Cd Burning Wont Work

I tried posting this a few months ago in the Magix Music studio forum, and had no luck, so I'll try here. When I try to record a CD, I get the same thing every time: it starts, says "writing lead-in," and then I get the following warning/error code announcement:

Cannot write to disc -> Write Error (ASC/ASCQ OC/00)

Possible reasons: record speed too high

Damaged CD-R

Driver Trouble (Please start trouble-shooting)

Your CD burner does not support very long disc

I have a Plextor 800A which is an IDE type drive hooked up as the master directly to the motherboard. Before it was slaved to an IDE hard drive. I thought this new set up would solve my problem, but it didn't. I downloaded and ran Magix' latest burn routines; again, no help. Someone at the other forum suggested a visit to Plextor for new drivers, but there are none. Some other bit of esoterica was suggested as well, but I couldn't figure out what was meant. Any suggestions?

Or go buy a Lite On drive and save your self the time and misery...30 bucks and you should be good to go...what is your time worth?

There were no firmware updates at Plextor's site either . . . is a Lite-on drive an outboard drive that plugs in to a USB port? Or is it an in-the-computer drive? The Plextor does work with all the other programs. In fact, I had a Sony before this, and the results were the same--same error messages. I've had nothing but trouble with burners since I got this computer. The original crapped out after about 3 months or so. The Sony still works, but I wanted to be able to burn DVDs, so I got the Plextor. I can only have three onboard devices, so I can't have two working burners in the computer at once. (There's an extra hard drive in there that I installed.)