goroplayground

Multi-core Cpu Support?hardware Insert?

hi all I am thinking of changing my DAW from cubase to Sam Pro, but there's 2 things I am concerning

1) the website and the manual stated that samp pro do support multi CPU, how about multi-core CPU?? will it utilize all 4 core of my Q6600 PC?

2) how's the hardware insert work on samp pro? I gonna invest more $$$ on outboard and less on plugin in the future, I am worrying it may be a pain to work with the daw

thanks

goro

hi all I am thinking of changing my DAW from cubase to Sam Pro, but there's 2 things I am concerning

1) the website and the manual stated that samp pro do support multi CPU, how about multi-core CPU?? will it utilize all 4 core of my Q6600 PC?

It does that. If have seen a screenshot where it symmetrically distributes among 8 cores of a double quad workstation.

2) how's the hardware insert work on samp pro? I gonna invest more $$$ on outboard and less on plugin in the future, I am worrying it may be a pain to work with the daw

You can get anything out of Samplitude and back again. Currently there seems to be some refining of the latency compensation in respect to using internal latency plugins in the same FX chain, and I guess there will be some finetuning in the ease of operations in respect to outboard. But basically, all I can say is that it works.

Regards,

Sebastian