dbx160

HeadPhone Mix setup ?

Hi guys,

I set up a head phone mix using AUX 1 (Prefader). (aux 1 going out FF 9/10____ Control room out's are FF 1/2)

Now all is well and works, BUT when I use the Mute or Solo buttons it also mutes or solo's in the HP mix.

Sometimes I like to solo the incoming recording channel but don't want anything to change in their HP mix while tracking.

Is this possible with Samp. 10 pro?

Thanx...Myke

What version do you use ?

If you have V10, there are a lot of new monitoring possibilities described in the manual p.143 and next (§ Solo / Monitor volume fader). I am sure you will find there what you want.

If you have SE or older versions, you will have to uses 1 aux per track to a monitoring bus. But it will be more difficult to use than with the new features in V10...

JMM

What version do you use ?

If you have V10, there are a lot of new monitoring possibilities described in the manual p.143 and next (§ Solo / Monitor volume fader). I am sure you will find there what you want.

If you have SE or older versions, you will have to uses 1 aux per track to a monitoring bus. But it will be more difficult to use than with the new features in V10...

JMM

Hi,

I have Version 10 Pro. we must have different manuals because page 143 for me is about Robota Pro???

Folks with a FF often use the FF TotalMix for headphone mixes.

It is easy to set and adjust and best of all it is latency free (as near as makes no difference anyway).

The only drawback is the lack of effects in whichcase you are reliant on a feed from Sampy or hardware inserts after the FF output.

Hope this helps.

I have Version 10 Pro. we must have different manuals because page 143 for me is about Robota Pro???

So just search in the pdf "Monitor volume fader", but yes TotalMix should be very usefull

JMM

Folks with a FF often use the FF TotalMix for headphone mixes.

It is easy to set and adjust and best of all it is latency free (as near as makes no difference anyway).

The only drawback is the lack of effects in whichcase you are reliant on a feed from Sampy or hardware inserts after the FF output.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I guess that's an option but would rather stay in the recording software. (I have always done it this way with many other pieces of software)

I got it working so I can solo (kinda) in the control room without effecting the Headphone mix but it's not a true solo as I can still hear the other tracks while soloing in the control room.

This SHOULD be a straight forward task for recording software these days. I must be doing something wrong.

Too bad there is no tutorials on setting up for recording including HP mix, I am sure I am missing something small here.

So just search in the pdf "Monitor volume fader", but yes TotalMix should be very usefull

JMM

K, I will download it now.

Thanks a bunch for the help guys, I am crossing over from Sawstudio and a few thing need me to change my usual way of thinking. (but I am ok with that)

Still having an issue with this,

Does anyone here have a RME Fireface and use Sam 10pro to feed heaphones via the Aux's?

I just tried messing with it and I can't figure it out either. It seems like the key element that is missing is having the solo/mute buttons in the routing channel routing so that you could put the aux send before the solo/mute buttons. But currently it appears that the solo/mute buttons are the first thing in the routing so they apply even to the pre-fader send. I also tried the monitor section and could get the solo button to work, but not the mute button.

Looks like TotalMix is going to be your best bet.

-tkr

I just tried messing with it and I can't figure it out either. It seems like the key element that is missing is having the solo/mute buttons in the routing channel routing so that you could put the aux send before the solo/mute buttons. But currently it appears that the solo/mute buttons are the first thing in the routing so they apply even to the pre-fader send. I also tried the monitor section and could get the solo button to work, but not the mute button.

Looks like TotalMix is going to be your best bet.

-tkr

That's EXACTLY it Tekker,

I could do the same.

Does anyone know where there is a flow chart or block diagram available for the mixer?

I thought I saw one somewhere when I was first thinking of jumping on Samp, but haven't been able to find it since.

I know that it is no help when you want to do it a different way, but I too use the matrix outputs of the Fireface (and before that, the Multiface and Digiface) to feed headphone mixes without routing through the computer and using the resources. Personal preference I know, but I prefer to keep the headphone mixes out of the recording software.

I know that it is no help when you want to do it a different way, but I too use the matrix outputs of the Fireface (and before that, the Multiface and Digiface) to feed headphone mixes without routing through the computer and using the resources. Personal preference I know, but I prefer to keep the headphone mixes out of the recording software.

Thanks Bill, I have been reading a little more about total mix, I might have to give in and use it.

I'm curious if RME and Magix can get this working: use Hardware Monitor mode in Samplitude to control soloing via RME Totalmix with ASIO Direct Monitoring?

Submixes in Totalmix are already controlled by Samplitude. A current workaround is to solo the tracks in Totalmix... but it would be nice to do this with the Samplitude GUI.

Graham