redddog

EZ drummer in Samp 9

I am trying to install EZ Drummer and It installs fine. I can see installed files but it won't come up as an option in my VSTi (new instrument) list.

I tried setting the installation path in EZ drummer (after uninstalling) to the folder where other VSTi's are (like B4 and Sampletank) but no go.

So far, I have tried the regualr installation and the custom installation and I haven't gotten anywhere.

I'm sure it's an easy answer and I'm just missing it. Par for the course, I'm afraid. lol

Thanks guys.

Samp needs to rescan your VSTi folder. This can be done from the system options dialog -> plug-in settings. Just pick the VSTi folder once more.

If this doesn't do it, delete your vstplugins.ini file besides the samplitude exe.

Samp needs to rescan your VSTi folder. This can be done from the system options dialog -> plug-in settings. Just pick the VSTi folder once more.

If this doesn't do it, delete your vstplugins.ini file besides the samplitude exe.

Thanks so much, Frank!

I'll let you know.

Well I;m back with what I'm sure is a stupid question.

Got it to load. Can't get any reponse. Nothing with a mouse click on the drums.

I'm sure it's something stupid.

First, check if playback of MIDI objects work.

If this works, but "live" playing does not work, EZDrummer is not in monitoring. Switch the audio engine mode to "mixer monitoring" (only possible with an ASIO driver system). Then make sure that EZDrummer is in monitoring mode: EZDrummers track should be a "MIDI" track and the blue speaker icon button (the monitoring resp. THRU button) needs to be switched on.

With older samp versions, it might be neccessary to keep a "dummy" MIDI object in the hosting EZdrummer track, otherwise the MIDI/VST engine might be not active on that track.

Greetings,

Frank

The problem I'm having is that EZD isn't responding at all. It's not just that I cn't hear it. It's also that when I click on a drum, there is no response.

When I click on a key in say... NI B4, I get a visual response that the key is going down but I get no sound.

I think I need to go back to the beginning. Even when I did get sounds out of the B4 and Sampletank, I wasn't sure how I did it. Sometimes I couldn't replicate it and it would just happen by accident.

Is there a tutorial that takes this from the begining? Kraznet's stuff is awesome but on somethings he assumes that you have a clue what you are doing which clearly I do not. I have RTFM but that's not very informative on this subject.

Thanks and sorry for my incompetence.

The problem I'm having is that EZD isn't responding at all. It's not just that I cn't hear it. It's also that when I click on a drum, there is no response.

When I click on a key in say... NI B4, I get a visual response that the key is going down but I get no sound.

I think I need to go back to the beginning. Even when I did get sounds out of the B4 and Sampletank, I wasn't sure how I did it. Sometimes I couldn't replicate it and it would just happen by accident.

Is there a tutorial that takes this from the begining? Kraznet's stuff is awesome but on somethings he assumes that you have a clue what you are doing which clearly I do not. I have RTFM but that's not very informative on this subject.

Thanks and sorry for my incompetence.

I'm still quite a beginner, and I don't have EZD, but I think I remember that a problem I initially had with garatan personal orchestra was that I had to map both the midi and audio for each channel in both Samp and GPO. Could it be the same with EZD?

terry

Sadly, I don't even understand what that means.

I suck.

in the midi window of the VIP

make sure your input and output designations are correct

channels in and out must be selected properly as well

In the audio window menu of the vip

make sure it says the vsti in the input

and be sure the track you selected for EZD is set on midi

I suspect your output is not set right

I have EZD V1.14

Sadly, I don't even understand what that means.

I suck.

in the midi window of the VIP

make sure your input and output designations are correct

channels in and out must be selected properly as well

In the audio window menu of the vip

make sure it says the vsti in the input

and be sure the track you selected for EZD is set on midi

I suspect your output is not set right

I have EZD V1.14

After updating EZD to 1.16 I realized I didnt have response either !

The installer installed the EZD .dll in the default installation location

After moving the .dll file to the correct location ( I renamed the old one first )

The EZD worked just fine

HTH

After moving the .dll file to the correct location ( I renamed the old one first )

The EZD worked just fine

yep. I got it too.

Phew, glad to hear that.

So I cannot convince you that you are forced to go the V11 update :angry:;)