ofobbs

Thinking of using Samplitude 10se

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I don't post in forums often at all. But I have a question that I can't seem to find anywhere on the web. I got my hands on Samplitude 10se some months ago. I installed it, got frustrated with it and left it alone. I recently picked it up again, and tried it a few times and it started to grow on me. Also watched a few samplitude videos on youtube and it was quite impressive.

I do this as a hobby and I have used Acid pro 4 from 2002. I recently got into reaper and that has been rough. I always end up going back to acid pro.

I played with Music Studio 15 a few days ago, and I wonder if purchasing Music Studio is a step down from using 10se. Or is 10se a lower version of Music Studio. Should I look for Music Studio 15 to have more features than 10se?

I mostly use samples and chopped up loops (some midi but not too much) and record vocals. Is 10se adequate for this, or should I get Music Studio 15, or maybe 16 when its available? I'm able to do this in Reaper, but get lost some times, then go back to Acid pro. But really trying to leave Acid behind me.

Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if I'm not clear.

P.S. How do I stretch a 2 bar loop in Music Studio? I tried and looked for example online but didn't see any.

Thanks.

Omar

Music Studio has more content (VSTi synth, audio loops). If you don't need that, you can go with V10 SE, too.

To timestretch: either use the audio object editor (double click the audio object) or switch to timestretch mousemode (clock icon) and simply grab the end of the object to stretch it.

Greetings,

Frank

Music Studio has more content (VSTi synth, audio loops). If you don't need that, you can go with V10 SE, too.

To timestretch: either use the audio object editor (double click the audio object) or switch to timestretch mousemode (clock icon) and simply grab the end of the object to stretch it.

Greetings,

Frank

Thanks, I'll give this a try.

Omar