D.W

New SDK skin

Hi all

Are you fan of Camo skin? then, you will fall in love of it.

Several months of work, hundreds of code lines changed in the .ini files, countless mails crossed with sketches, corrections... plus many very long days of work face to face in the study of my friend, but finally it was worth it...

My friend Fran and me have the project already finished, one of the best skin Camo based you have ever seen, SURE.

Some of it features:

VIP:

Track Editor totally redesigned, with big VU (peakmeter) and big fader included, horizontal EQ section, 8 Aux/8 Plugin slots, etc, etc, etc...really beautiful and spectacular design, you have to see it to believe it.

VIP tracks with colored and numbered VUs, new fader design, new colours, Rec button bigger and more...

New colours for Scroll bars and Grid lines, more intense colours on the Transport, (Play lighted in blue), etc...

MIXER

Totally redesigned, textures, colours..."high class" Pan/Gain pots and faders, all of the VUs (or peakmeters) colored, spectacular master peakmeter with "RMS levels simulated", (very visual, but unfortunately not usefull...dear developers, please, we want a RMS levels integrated in the master peakmeter, actually it's not possible to do it by changing the .ini files).

Mono/Stereo button in each channel, Auxs and Subgroups in blue, special colours for active Inserts and Aux sends, Atenuation and Visualization buttons included on the side of the mixer.

The EQ section knobs has been eliminated, this way we have more space free in order to visualize 8 Aux and 8 Insert slots, in addition we have now faders and peakmeters with more lenght.

There are many more details inside, but I prefer you see it for you same, this skin combines itself elegance and functionality IMO, it will inspire love in the Camo users.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have opened this thread because my friend Fran (fran1946) not handle the english language well, he is new in this forum as well, but from now on he will try to answer your questions.

The SDK skin is totally available for free, we want to share all these months of work with you all, so please feel free to comment any question about the new SDK skin in this thread, your opinions will be welcome.

SDK is for Samplitude and Sequoia 11, there are two version, one of them is for Samplitude's users and the other one is for Sequoia's user, two both are exactly the same skin, same design, same functionality, etc... only change the mixer logos for Samplitude version and Sequoia version. :wacko:

You can download it from here:

SKD_Sam.rar

SKD_Seq.rar

Gracias Fran y D.W.

Funciona en la 10 ?

En principio no, esto se debe a una cuestión de formatos de imagen, pero creo que es posible adaptarlo, (o al menos en parte), Fran te lo confirmará en breve.

Un saludo.

Thank you piperboy, sampuser and Eric, I'm glad you like it. :wacko:

Important news:

Now if you want to put your logo in the skin you can to get it, your studio's name or your artistic name, what you want... let us know in this thread or mail to Fran at: francisco-casau@wanadoo.es

A example with my artistic name on the Track Editor and on the Mixer would be the next one:

post-7449-1267090809_thumb.png

post-7449-1267090817_thumb.png

It's also possible to change or modify many elements of the skin, like Pots, Faders, Peakmeters, Insert or Aux colours, designs, etc...

If there is something in the skin which you want let us know in this thread or once again, mail to Fran at:

francisco-casau@wanadoo.es

Here you can see some examples of alternative pots, in this case a different Pan visualization and a Gain pot with "motion-sensitive colors".

post-7449-1267091542_thumb.gif

post-7449-1267091550_thumb.gif

It's also possible to change or modify many elements of the skin, like Pots, Faders, Peakmeters, Insert or Aux colours, designs, etc...

If there is something in the skin which you want let us know in this thread or once again, mail to Fran at:

francisco-casau@wanadoo.es

Here you can see some examples of alternative pots, in this case a different Pan visualization and a Gain pot with "motion-sensitive colors".

I like the gain pot a lot :wacko:

quote]Funciona en la 10 ?[

Hola DAG:

No, pero no te preocupes por que voy a publicar esta tarde una versión para SAM 10.

Será exactamente igual, pero los knob's de PAN y Gain no tendrán animación, SAM 10 no tiene esta opción.

Gracias y un saludo.

-------------------------------

quote]Works on the 10th?[

No, but do not worry about that this afternoon I will post a version for SAM 10.

It will be exactly the same, but the knob's PAN and Gain have no animation, SAM 10 does not have this option.

Thanks and best regards.

SWEET work! Wow!

Love the Pan gain pot as well. Can you add that as standard?

I've just downloaded the Samplitude v.11 and will try this out...

Craig

Okay, now I've downloaded it and started to use it.

I want to be honest here, because you have obviously poured in a LOT of work. Which is commendable.

However, it is TOO MUCH.

I really wanted to love this skin. Here's what I DO like about the Arranger:

- I really like the full-width metering & numbering.

- I love the tall Track Manager metering. The overall layout here is nice, including the horizontal EQ and clarity of S, M, & REC buttons.

But, I DON'T Like these issues: (which would make it unusable for me except for on small track projects).

- the Track details (Solo, Mute, Record) are too TALL. They require too much vertical space.

- The pre-colored meters look great just looking at them, but not in real-time usage. There's simply too much going on. It really is the "Christmas Tree" look, so there is not enough distinction. Tracks that are silent should not be drawing attention to my eyes by being pre-colored. Only the live signal should be colored.

Here's the deal-killer for more than 8 tracks:

- On a 20" LCD, horizontal usage at 1600x1200 (pretty standard these days), on Camo (mastermod) I can view 13 vertical tracks with metering, volume, and pan. With SDK, this goes down to only 8 fully visible tracks. On Camo, I can view 17 vertical tracks with volume showing (the way I commonly work); but with SDK, only 10.5. Now here's the kicker: the BEST feature of your arranger is the full-width track metering (though the colors need to go away when not being played); However, with Camo I can have 24 vertical tracks with metering visible. Meanwhile, the SDK only shows 12.5 (i.e. half!). I expand to 13 tracks and the great metering is GONE. It disappears completely until 15 tracks, and then the miniature metering shows up (which Camo shows up at 25).

- To be usable on larger projects -- the vertical track size really needs to be reduced. And ideally auto-size downward (like Camo) as you expand to more tracks.

Also, I lose about an inch of track editing real estate. Not a deal breaker, but a small hit.

While I thought I might love this MIXER, I don't. And I don't see myself using it.

I do like the grey, the sharpness of the S & M buttons, the Gain and Pan knobs are great. The tall metering is great.

Here's what would need to be improved for me to use the SKD mixer rather than Camo Mastermod:

1.The meters cannot be colored without signal. This is too busy, and actually detracts (in real usage) from the metering when music is playing. It is too hard of work on the eyes with the overuse of color.

2. We've lost the numbering of the Auxes and Inserts. I'd replace/re-add these.

3. As the RMS feature apparently doesn't work (nice idea!), the doubled master meters just look odd. I'd remove the RMS extra meters.

4. The wood paneling at the top right looks cheesy to me. Doesn't match. Out of place...

Overall-- it's a great attempt. but actually goes too far.

I offer these comments to be helpful. You have obviously worked very hard on this. But the totality is over the top (in my view) and falters at the most important place: usability for large track counts.

Do let us know if you come up with a variant that addresses these issues, and I'll become your biggest fan.

Back to Camo Mastermod and Shadow Transport for me...

Craig

Were you on LSD when you did this? *lol

Tell the truth! :wacko:

Seriously, it really is too much of everything. It also looks like you wanted to put every existing color and style in that skin. In this case less is MUCH more.

Still, I appreciate your effort!

Thank you.

Invisible Man

Thank you so much for your comments, Craig Allen, I'm agree with you in many points, I will talking with Fran about your suggestions, it's possible he can to make a second version with your ideas and suggestions, which are excellent IMO.

Thanks once again and best regards, Craig.

Darren

My English is not good.

Please help me the answers are very simple to understand.

If I say, what they like and what not, I can do any design, and perhaps together we can make the skin more accepted.

Thanks for your help.

A greeting.

I would like to see a midi indicator as in the sample image i attached.

Thanks Marce:

Your suggestion to have already saved.

The changes are received, I will keeps, my intention is to collect all the changes are published, and when you have enough, you could do a survey for selection of all the changes and choose the best for the final skin.

I think the idea.

A greeting.

Thank you mates, your suggestions are very useful for Fran, you have to take into account this skin is just a custom skin for me, which I have wanted to share with you, nothing else, I'm not a designer nor nothing of the sort.

Fran has got his own skins and he will show them to you soon.

Best regards.

Here is the later version of "Darren Waves/SDK" skin, it's a less colour version, no wood, no "Christmas tree style peakmeters", etc... let say is a more serious version.

In addition this version has several improves too, for example up to 18 tracks with "decent size" peakmeters on the VIP view, (with Transport and visualization docked), fine for multitracks projects...

...but there are many more improves inside...

This is the version I'm using now, I hope you like, some screenshots and two versions for downloading, SDK for Samplitude users and SDK for Sequoia users:

post-7449-1269682326_thumb.png

post-7449-1269682337_thumb.png

post-7449-1269682346_thumb.png

SDK_Samplitude.rar

SDK_Sequoia.rar

Just downloaded your new skin I love the new look

I would like to be able to change between and light grey and dark grey version other than that I think they are perfect Great job!!

would you consider making a mixer skin that was geared towards the Mastering Engineer something along the lines of the Manley Backbone

Here is a pic <_<

I'm sure I'm not the only mastering Engineer who would like something that simulated a mastering desk instead of the traditional mixer

Let me know what your thoughts are

Cheers

Perry Lancaster

Here is the later version of "Darren Waves/SDK" skin, it's a less colour version, no wood, no "Christmas tree style peakmeters", etc... let say is a more serious version.

In addition this version has several improves too, for example up to 18 tracks with "decent size" peakmeters on the VIP view, (with Transport and visualization docked), fine for multitracks projects...

...but there are many more improves inside...

This is the version I'm using now, I hope you like, some screenshots and two versions for downloading, SDK for Samplitude users and SDK for Sequoia users:

Muy agradable. Gracias!

What is the purpose of the purple fader surface on some of the faders?

¡De nada!

The purple fader is the color for MIDI tracks, is automatically assigned when you add a new midi track or change an Audio Track in Midi Track.