K-Slash

ammunition PC VST

Hi Sascha,

Is there any news about the supposed upcoming version of ammunition for PC VST.

With the core update of the transient stage for more punch preserving while getting loud.

You told about that earlier while doing a comparison with FG-X on another forum.

Please keep us in touch, the cash is waiting...

At the moment, I can only say that we are right within a phase of setting up a roadmap for the next projects. Of course, the VST plugins are only a part of the big picture.

Am-munition will be on the list, that's clear. But dates and priority are still to be decided. All AM plugins, among other older projects, will have to go through a big internal restructuring phase, including 64bit support (and Mac port, if we got resources for that).

Finalising the transients part is perhaps the easiest thing of it all...

At the moment, I can only say that we are right within a phase of setting up a roadmap for the next projects. Of course, the VST plugins are only a part of the big picture.

Am-munition will be on the list, that's clear. But dates and priority are still to be decided. All AM plugins, among other older projects, will have to go through a big internal restructuring phase, including 64bit support (and Mac port, if we got resources for that).

Finalising the transients part is perhaps the easiest thing of it all...

Sascha, you're the man !

I hope that we'll be able to see/hear that happens in the not so far future (maybe H1 2011)...

I also hope you'll have a take on a vintage tube EQ in the AM series, with some tranny and band interaction modeling :angry:.

Anyway, thanks for the honest answer, that's really really appreciated.

On a side note, did you had a look at Cakewalk Sonar X1 ? The interface layout and look is stunning, with the Smart Tools, Radius time-stretch and so on... The ProChannel seems to be really something too. Only the arrangement windows with the outdated piano roll graphics looks crap hehe...

Maybe MAGIX can take note of that, looks clean, pro, and quickly usable. Added to that, if you've some analog summing algos in the works for Samp 12's mixer, that could really be something.

Me, a dreamer ? Maybe...

I also hope you'll have a take on a vintage tube EQ in the AM series, with some tranny and band interaction modeling :D.

I don't have new candidates for the AM range on schedule right now. But I can say there's going to be extended work on the 'essentialFX' series, just as we communicated long ago. It's perhaps a question of what people consider 'essential'... but I'd better shut up on that topic for a while... :D

On a side note, did you had a look at Cakewalk Sonar X1 ?

Only the vids and pics here. At first glance, reminded be a bit of Studio One, at least UI-wise.

There's a reason why we ran polls and surveys lately. We definitely want to make Samplitude smarter, more beautiful, more efficient and more fun to use as ever. All big DAWs have matured in a way that built-in features aren't what divides them from one another any longer. Usability, workflow and integration is what I'd consider the strongest aspect now. That means a lot of effort for established DAW makers with a big, matured and evolved code base, and perhaps a more easy game for young companies, as we've seen recently. It's quite a challenge, but I don't see any reason why not taking it :angry:

Usability, workflow and integration is what I'd consider the strongest aspect now.

That is what brought me to Sequoia. And it just keeps getting better.

i have question about whole am-suite. Does it include am-munition? Yesterday I wanted to try it as trial version, but while i was trying to install the suite it showed me the error about unknown windows version (I have windows 7 x86). So who is wrong, my windows or the installer?)

Should be the same as problem with old Sam versions on win7:

If you try to install a version prior to version 11 on Windows 7 you might be prompted with an error message indicating a wrong operating system.

- navigate to start.exe on your DVD drive (or trial setup.exe in this case)

- do a right-click and choose "properties"

- navigate to the second tab "compatibility"

- tick compatibility mode and set it to Windows XP (SP3)

- confirm the dialog and double click start.exe

Installation on Windows 7 should work as expected now.

regards, Andre