Elf

Samplitude 11 SOS Review

I thought it was worth putting this up in the new-comers section.

I have garnered quite a respect for their reviews over the years and I used to buy the actual, real, physical magazines at some horrific distance in the past.

It bodes very well for new-comers (....cough) but apparently, nothing scintillating for the die-hards, foagies, and general ner-do-wells - sorry, I just realized that I'd never actually written the words "foagies" or "ner' do wells" before, so I thought I'd just try them out in the same sentence. :blink:

Sound on Sound Review Samplitude 11 - October 2010

Must be the sparkling water.

I think Sound on Sound have the best reviews, and Hugh Robjohns is the best technical writer and reviewer. I also think Eric James reviews are the worst: meandering, omitting important details, more about his niche work practices than the product, highly unlikely to tempt any new users. But that's just my opinion. ;)

pot.

And if you notice, we do not advertise in SOS, and haven't in years, though we may after the ver 12 release...

We use the quote from the review all the time in all of our ads hre in N. America "Samplitude is the one to beat" SOS Oct 2010

And if you notice, we do not advertise in SOS, and haven't in years, though we may after the ver 12 release...

We use the quote from the review all the time in all of our ads hre in N. America "Samplitude is the one to beat" SOS Oct 2010

Honestly, I don't think they'd play that game. They're proper British chaps. I don't think Steinberg or Apple advertise in SOS either.

I just think the guy who reviews Samp should stick to doing sound.

Those reviews put me off for years!!

pot.

......"Samplitude is the one to beat" SOS Oct 2010

When SOS says that, it's worth keeping it around!

I wouldn't know that about the advertising, the last time I bought the mag' I was trying to use a Tascam 488. :-/

SOS did use a nice photo of a Samplitude manual in their new "Music Technology - Basics and Beyond" publication:

http://support2.magix.net/boards/samplitude//index.php?showtopic=26078&view=findpost&p=191534

I also noticed they included a brief section on Samplitude in their DAW Guide that came out in the last 6 months or so.

I also noticed they included a brief section on Samplitude in their DAW Guide that came out in the last 6 months or so.

I see no link?

I see no link?

Sorry, no link--this was something I saw at the newstand. It was a special edition published by SOS, not the regular SOS magazine.