roger//////gitarre

What, no black fri sales on Sequoia?!

I think they will post a Black friday sale as soon as Germany starts celebrating Thanksgiving. :P

hehehe.....

Or takes advantage of US marketing ploys.

G

well I am in charge of sales and such in N. America, but with the release just happening 45 days ago, if there was a black Friday sale, I would receive 100s of emails ripping into me about how its now on sale and how they paid full price, so they are entitled to a refund of the difference. People already call me, email me, call me at the studio, email me there too, call me at home, in the middle of the night, facebook me, send messages to both my MAGIX and my studio YOUtube pages... I don't need more fuel on the fire. :lol: By the way, never email or call me outside of my MAGIX number/email, No MAGIX business can be done outside of these contact points.

But, we do have a special coming in December in N. America for crossing over between Video Pro X3 and Samplitude Pro X. Stay tuned...

No American customers? C'mon...sheesh. <_<

They might make some bread doing a cyber Monday thing, but whatever they do, they still have one helluva DAW. ;)

Sad what happened to Music Studio (now Producer) though. Not a smart move, imo.

TRMP black with a touch of blue Friday sale. And I will fend off all previous buyers complaints about this dramatic price drop for the weekend. :lol:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/therogermoritzproject

MADE MIXED MASTERED with SEQUOIA

$4.99!

Yeah, I got that email too. No Sequoia there... :lol:

@Tim: Music Studio was a stripped down version of Sam classic until version 15 or 16. It made moving to the fuller version much easier. Now it's UI is different and dumbed down quite a bit which I thought was the job of Music Maker.

Oh well, progress. :blink:

@Tim: Music Studio was a stripped down version of Sam classic until version 15 or 16. It made moving to the fuller version much easier. Now it's UI is different and dumbed down quite a bit which I thought was the job of Music Maker.

Oh well, progress. :blink:

Well, I don't know if I'd call it progress yet.

here's some more of what happened to Samplitude Music Studio.

I was rather happy to see Music Studio MX show up at BestBuy (still the only place you can get it as far as I know). I went out and got it immediately. After several weeks of learning just how broken many of the features are I am now running Producer. You can get rid of the silly Music Maker UI in MSMX and Producer by selecting the Power User workspace which looks just like Samplitude.

but in MSMX...

- Hardware controller setup appears broken

- VST parameter dialog - completely broken

- Docking system - unpredictable - Transport nevers stays put when undocked - modules don't resize properly

- Disappearing MIDI editor menus and transport bar

- VariVerb demo crashed program entirely

- Score Editor zoom problems

- MSMX starts up behind other windows and inactive on several systems I tried.

- Track editor info not updated till Play button pressed

- etc...

Tim,

If Magix is going to have Music Studio share Samplitude's name the obvious intention is to introduce

users to the greatness of Samplitude in hopes that a percentage will eventually upgrade to the high-end product

when they can afford/justify it. When I saw it was called Samplitude Music Studio my expectations were higher

than they would have been for just Music Studio. Unfortunately at this point MSMX does not represent Samplitude

well at all. It certainly needs quite a bit more time in the oven.

Don't get me wrong, I think MSMX could be a tremendous value and wonderful way to introduce people to Samplitude

but it isn't there yet.

One last point... all versions need to have multi-core support in this era of computing. That's not a luxury feature.

Don't turn off future upgraders by having the base model perform poorly on their multi-core laptops and desktops.

Scott

This was written with tongue in cheek. Didn't mean for it to come off serious.

Samp Music Studio 14 is what eventually led me to Sam 11/ProX. I learned a lot from Kraznet's vids on big Sam and was able to apply a lot of this to SMS14. Some acquaintances purchased Sam Prod 11.5 recently when it went down to $99 upon my recommendation and I was surprised to find out so many of the features of my old #14 were missing from this new version. The feature set, and price, is why I went to big Sam over Samp 15 and then Producer 11.5.

Maybe Magix will put everything right in the next version of Samp Producer. Probably not.

Still love my Sam 11!

This was written with tongue in cheek. Didn't mean for it to come off serious.

Samp Music Studio 14 is what eventually led me to Sam 11/ProX. I learned a lot from Kraznet's vids on big Sam and was able to apply a lot of this to SMS14. Some acquaintances purchased Sam Prod 11.5 recently when it went down to $99 upon my recommendation and I was surprised to find out so many of the features of my old #14 were missing from this new version. The feature set, and price, is why I went to big Sam over Samp 15 and then Producer 11.5.

Maybe Magix will put everything right in the next version of Samp Producer. Probably not.

Still love my Sam 11!

Sorry... my response was equally tongue-in-cheek. I knew what you meant. :-)

I would gladly follow your lead but as it is strictly a hobby at this point I just can't justify big Sam. I've had Music Studio 12 Deluxe for quite a while. It had a great feature set but of course is not at all happy on the latest OS's. It was time to get something new which is why I was happy to see "Samplitude" Music Studio MX at Best Buy. It's missing Take Manager and other features the marketeers ripped out but at least it wasn't limited to 8 VSTi's! Sadly MSMX shows every sign of being really rushed out the door. For now, Producer will do the job - much better than MSMX. I will upgrade in the future to the real deal when I'm creating material that justifies it. Most of my time I'm a software engineer and a Dad so who knows when that will happen. :-)

Scott

Yeah... Kraznet's video's are great. I was really going crazy trying to follow his hardware controller setup video in MSMX until I realized that feature was broken in MSMX. :-(

If it was up to me, and its not, since I have nothing to do with the consumer line of MAGIX, which producer and music studio fall under, I would call them MAGIX music studio, and completely distance it from Samplitude. Its a stript down consumer product, yet people buy it and wonder why it does not do certain things... Seriously, if you want to do what the big boys do, you gotta buy the real gear. You get what you pay for. The day I purchased a Manley Mic Pre, is the day I realized that to be true. A $1500 pre amp does not sound anything like a $.25 IC chip pre amp in a $100 mixer. Its a new world at that point. I have people email me all the time about Music studio, pissed off that it won't do 7.1 surround or DDP...I am surprised people spend $100 and think its actually going to LOL.

Anyway, if I was King!

If it was up to me, and its not, since I have nothing to do with the consumer line of MAGIX, which producer and music studio fall under, I would call them MAGIX music studio, and completely distance it from Samplitude. Its a stript down consumer product, yet people buy it and wonder why it does not do certain things... Seriously, if you want to do what the big boys do, you gotta buy the real gear. You get what you pay for. The day I purchased a Manley Mic Pre, is the day I realized that to be true. A $1500 pre amp does not sound anything like a $.25 IC chip pre amp in a $100 mixer. Its a new world at that point. I have people email me all the time about Music studio, pissed off that it won't do 7.1 surround or DDP...I am surprised people spend $100 and think its actually going to LOL.

Anyway, if I was King!

I totally agree that if you want the big features you buy the big product.

I wasn't actually pointing out missing features so much as the fact that Samp Music Studio MX is NOT creating future Samplitude users when it's released in half-baked form. IF Samp Music Studio was well tested it would still be a tremendous value for $60 and a great introduction to Samplitude's UI and object oriented approach and DAW's in general.

In it's current unpolished form though I would agree with you... it would be better for Samplitude if Music Studio did NOT share the name. It's not doing you any favors.

I think there should be some name contact between the consumer level and the big boy. Its a mistake to not connect them. They should all have the name Samplitude and just grade them out with different letters. Have charts that compare them all. It gives people something to strive for. Don't be afraid to have a chart that says $49 bucks to $3000. End the confusion.