roger//////gitarre

Behringer X32 : nice deal.

I've been watching this for over a year, and checked it out at January 2011 NAMM, where the demo unit wasn't even working yet (sitting in a case).

At NAMM 2012 the booth people seemed hesitant to demo it.

I wish it at least had ADAT, and USB2 and Firewire are gradually dying - but at least you can dump your tracks out into Samplitude/Sequoia.

But it's mainly a tracking mixer for raw capture.

It would be GREAT for live show-control.

Not convinced it would marry well with Samplitude though.

Greg

I've been watching this for over a year, and checked it out at January 2011 NAMM, where the demo unit wasn't even working yet (sitting in a case).

Greg

Demos are demos. I'm sure the unit that moved to market is not a demo.

Remember the iphone that dropped connections due to faulty antennae. (actually that defeats me)

Why would you think it wouldn't marry Samplitude?

Because of a $20.00 firewire card?

1345662860[/url]' post='213341']
1345615196[/url]' post='213312']

Greg

Remember the iphone that dropped connections due to faulty antennae. (actually that defeats me)

You record into the mixer and then dump the files to your DAW.I am also pessimistic about any automation working.It IS a Midas front end jammed into a Behringer ohmy.gif.The guys at the booth seemed very hesitant to respond to my questions regarding DAW integration.

Greg

1345662860[/url]' post='213341']
1345615196[/url]' post='213312']

Greg

Behringer quote

"Instant compatibility with major DAWs

Behringer X32 digital mixer comes with the XUF 32-Channel USB/FireWire recording card, which lets you record your tracks straight into your DAW. How convenient is that? Right out of the box, you get compatibility with ProTools, Logic, Cubase, Studio One - and nearly any other ASIO or Core-Audio compatible DAW!"

So why don't you go demo it somewhere and see if it works?

Greg

I have a friend who was shocked by how well it works and by how great it sounds from both the analog and DSP standpoints. He said the compressor and EQ are better than what comes stock on any Mac DAW and the mike pres and conversion are better than any computer interface he's heard. It also has very low latency and an incredible remote cue mix station feature.

Yeah, this seems to be the real deal. Behringer have dumped a ton into the X32 for R&D, quality control, etc., and they seem to be betting all of their chips on it. It seems like their quality control has gotten better, too, the last few years. They're now offering a 3-year warranty on pretty much everything, and they've got their own new service center here in the States to back it up (as opposed to outsourcing their warranty repairs). Also, some retailers (such as Sweetwater) are now carrying their products, which to me says they have more confidence in their quality than before.

The guys at the booth seemed very hesitant to respond to my questions regarding DAW integration.

Greg

I wouldn't judge the product based on the guys at the trade show booth (who are probably salesman rather than technical types) being reluctant to answer questions that may have been over their head. We'll all just have to wait and see until the reviews start rolling in from actual end users.

Then why did Behringer have NO tech people at the booth at any of three times I stopped by the booth?

A business partner and I were eyeing the X32 as a possible tech partner to work with Soniccore to marry up the X32 with the soniccore Xite1, and they were marginally interested despite what a powerful system this would become -especially with the AES or network or even MADI interface.

I'm happy to see that it's getting good reviews... Just really not convinced of adequate DAW integration.

Greg

Then why did Behringer have NO tech people at the booth at any of three times I stopped by the booth?

Hi Greg, that's a perfectly legitimate question. I'm only saying--I work for a software company, and rarely are the people who work the booths at trade shows very knowledgeable about the technical side of things. They're usually salesmen with a few "tricks up their sleeve" to show to potential customers.

So why don't you go demo it somewhere and see if it works?

Greg

Maybe I will, but, I don't know, sounds like you have an agenda, which is fine.

I personally would just go on the awesome videos alone. :P

Which is how I bought Sequoia, by awesome screenshots online. :lol:

And combining the Sonic Core Scope and X32 sounds like a great idea bliss! I'll take it!

No agenda, just jaded having worked in hardware field for 30+ years. I guess I'm just an old curmudgeonlaugh.gif

Mainly only concerned about getting good integration within Samplitude without having to first record into the mixer and THEN dump files out into Samplitude. Or worry about automation. Or worry about reliable ASIO drivers, etc.

Gee, maybe for once the German companies will get together and make everything work right off the bat.

Greg

Main thing about this mixer is that if it communicates with Samplitude using Mackie Control it won't work very well as the Mackie Control in Samp Pro X is badly broken and won't get fixed any time soon.

The Behringer got a great review in SOS this year, and they also road-tested it a couple issues back-- the road test also got good reviews.

Some friends of mine just completed a stage gig with 10 performers tracking through a X32 into the FOH engineers Sonar DAW, and they were overall pleased with it's performance and sound quality.

However FOH was only tracking through the board and not really pushing it, and didn't really use any onboard EQ or effects.

As far as any deeper integration with Sampliquoia with regard driver stability, automation, etc. - I still don't know.

Greg

I have had one for months. I use it for live shows and live show multitracking with Reaper on a Macbook.The board sounds really good. Did a national act last night and the band FOH guy usually uses a Midas Pro2 and he was very happy with the X 32. EQ, comp, FX sound good to me. Go to Soundforums.net for a massive 5000+ post discussion.

Does anyone have any feedback on the X32 Preamp and A/D D/A converters?

I am currently running an RME FF800, and am wondering how the X32 Preamp and A/D D/A converters compare with the FF800 Preamp and A/D D/A converters...

better, worse, more/less color or coloursmile.png, dynamic range...

Thanks,

Linz