walshfan

Magix sequoia 11 latency

Could someone please describe to me how to solve latency issues within Magix Sequoia 11 software.So far i have reduces the buffer size down to 125 and although this does tend to slightly improve the situation the latency is still there.I have also started using a mixer for monitoring aswell....I managed to reduce the problem by doing this but when i changed to another song ,the latency was back again..HELP!!

In order to help you it would be important to know a few things:

basically:

- Your computer details

- your operating system

- your audio-interface

- the settings of your audio-interface

- your audio-settings in Sequoia 11

- your buffer/performance settings in Sequoia 11

additionally:

- your mixer

- the way you connected all that

Are you using MIDI also, especially VST-instruments? Or just audio? Did you do any modifications on your operating system (audio-PC optimization)?

Regards

Matthias

Hi, I'd like to reach the less latency possible. Using vst plugins with Sequoia 12.

The question is more about playing, so let's say this without any other track (midi or audio) playing. Still, I probably dont have Sequoia 100% optimized because I find it with a bit more latency than other DAWs.

here are the sepcs of my system:

- Your computer details : CPU i7 950 @ 3.1 GHZ, RAM 12GB Corsaire 667 Mhz on triple channel, Mainboard ASUS P6X58D Premium,

Graphic card ASUS BAsed on ATI Radeon 5770 1Gb Ram. Main HD 1Tb SATA 3.
- your operating system Win 7 x64 Ultimate
- your audio-interface M Audio Fast Track
- the settings of your audio-interface Latency at 128 samples, Sample rate 44.1Khz
- your audio-settings in Sequoia 11 Using Sequoia 12, Driver system Asio (the one that comes with the MAudio Fast Track), clock source internal,

ASIO Buffer 128 / 24 Bits Out 234 (5ms) +In 234 (5ms)

Buffer settings VIP Object buffer 2048 Out latency 4 x 2048 (186 ms)

Device resolution / Driver communication : 24 Bits

Monitoring Setup the fadder is all the way right Mixer FX Monitoring / Hybrid Engine

Monitoring Behaviour : Tape monitoring

Mix Inpout and playback is not ticked

additionally:
- your mixer Dont use a mixer, the sound goes directly from my Audio card to the amplifier. Any way I feel the same latency listening

directly through the headphones output of my Audio interface.
- the way you connected all that The audio card is conected to the computer via USB, My midi keyboard is connected to the computer via USB

All the audio autput of the AUdio card are connected directly to the amplifier via RCA.

I would really like to find a solution to this because I love sequoia as a perfect tool for composing and mixing.

I almost forgot to say that I've tried Magix Low Latency driver, and Asio4all with same results.

Thanks in advance

Gtrguy1 Thank you,

I thought I had try this already with bad result, but I tried again and it works perfectly.

This is what I have done:

I couldn't reduce the Asio buffer as my M-Audio Fast Track don't go under 128bits (Don't buy one, the drivers are awful, and it is part of Avid now, the worst support enterprise ever).

So I took back the VIP buffer 1 step from 2048 to 1024, now I have fast play and no problem even with a 39 tracks project full of vsti and effects that I have tested with.

smile.png

Since I asked the previous question, I've been looking for information about goods audio interface, that could help to keep playing flowessly with 128 samples buffer.

It seems difficult to find.Do you have any recommendation? I can spend 2 000 euros max. But I need to play vst instruments while listening to the mix without having to freeze tracks.

Thank you

Any suggestion about a good fast Audio interface? Price range 'til 400 euros.

Only need to listen to midi and vst, and be able to plug 1 guitar.

?

We've just tried the Steinberg UR28M, which sells around this price (380 euros), in the studio and live and so far we're impressed. Very stable, clean outputs, very decent preamps.

Since I asked the previous question, I've been looking for information about goods audio interface, that could help to keep playing flowessly with 128 samples buffer.

It seems difficult to find.Do you have any recommendation? I can spend 2 000 euros max. But I need to play vst instruments while listening to the mix without having to freeze tracks.

In this budget I would go for a RME Fireface UC or even a UCX (which has built-in DSP processing).

Thank you for your answer Zak yes I was think of an RME UCX as it have DSP processing and it is USB and Firewire 400 (even if I don't understand why not firewire 800 which is much faster.)

But I have a question about DSP processing: If I understood the information I have read in many places, the DSP processing only calculates for the vst of the brand that sell it?

That means that it may relieve the computer to process calculation of a reverb if you use the reverb vst that comes with the sound card, but it will do nothing about any third party vsti you use, say synths or samplers.

Am I right? Or will do the soundcard relieve the computer from the calculation of every vst/vsti used?

Steinberg UR Serie use native vst for recording and VST3 for listening in your DAW.

As far as I know, Samplitude/Sequoia do not handle Vst3 plugins.

From Steinberg website:

"Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with REV-X reverb, Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics with any DAW by using the latest dspMixFx technology and native

VST 3 effects plug-ins also included"

And

Explanation about how to use the amp simulation: "Guitar Amp CLassic ....Just record the dry signal while listening to your favorite amp sound without any latency using the DSP version. Once you're done, you can re-amp the recorded track with the VST 3 version, the Amp Simulator plug-in included with your DAW."

I was think of an RME UCX as it have DSP processing and it is USB and Firewire 400 (even if I don't understand why not firewire 800 which is much faster.)

But I have a question about DSP processing: If I understood the information I have read in many places, the DSP processing only calculates for the vst of the brand that sell it?

That means that it may relieve the computer to process calculation of a reverb if you use the reverb vst that comes with the sound card, but it will do nothing about any third party vsti you use, say synths or samplers.

Am I right? Or will do the soundcard relieve the computer from the calculation of every vst/vsti used?

Firewire 400 has enough bandwith to handle the I/O, so no need for a faster interface

In the case of the UCX the DSP processing is applied for the built-in effects in the sound-card (mainly EQ and comp) which can be useful in many different situations (recording, mixing, but also as a standalone audio processor). It's invaluable if you have to handle several monitor mixes for example. But these are not plugins that you can use in your session, they are effects that are applied directly to the inputs and outputs of the interface, much like digital hardware peripherals. And they are not VST, even though Steinberg gives you a VST equivalent.

Theses are sound interface and not DSP accelerators (such as the UAD-2 e.g.)

I just come back to thank you all for your good advices that helped me a lot to understand the criteria that I had to manage to buy a sound card according to my needs.

I finally bought a Focusrite 18i20, which is a good compromise price / quality for me. I know it's not the best card I could get, but I keep some money waiting for the next change in connection.

May it will be wiFi or another standard, but I'll be ready then to buy a more expansive sound card.

Right now, I'm very satisfied with this sound card having an extremely low latency and very stable drivers.

I want to add some words about Samplitude (as this is the real subject for the place). After I pent 2 months trying others DAWS, I came back to Samplitude as I couldn't find any DAW that gave me such a good final sound. Samplitude may lack of some features that became actually obvious, like a good vst(i) management / browser, but I really need the sound to be good.

I bought good headphones (Beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO) and speakers (Event Opal) and it became obvious.

Thanks again guys biggrin.png