Silent Sky

The continuing evolution of Samplitude consumer/lite versions

It looks like Magix has released a couple of new versions of Samplitude lite--Magix Music Studio and Samplitude Music Studio 2013.

Magix Music Studio looks pretty stripped-down, and has some serious limitations, such as 16-bit only recording, and only 2 effect insert slots per channel. Samplitude Music Studio 2013 looks to be the replacement for Samplitude Producer 11.5, and is pretty robust: 128 tracks, 24/96 recording, etc. Check it out:

http://www.magix.com/us/samplitude-music-studio/

These are a great (and affordable) way for people to get their feet wet with Samplitude without fully taking the plunge.

I wonder if the latest Samplitude Music Studio 2013 still limits you to one core of the processor like previous versions? To me that's a stupid marketing ploy.

Regards

Kraznet

I wonder if the latest Samplitude Music Studio 2013 still limits you to one core of the processor like previous versions? To me that's a stupid marketing ploy.

Regards

Kraznet

+1

Here's an even better deal for Magix' 20th anniversary.

http://www.magix.com/us/music-maker/premium/

G

Yeah, I saw this, but it looks like it includes the more stripped-down "Magix Music Studio" version. I've never messed with Music Maker, but have always been curious about it. I assume it's more for loop and sample-based production, rather than multi-track recording--is that correct?

Regards

Kraznet

Yes, definitely a silly thing to do. I mean, why purposely cripple/hinder the performance of the application, when performance is not a "feature", at least from the user's perspective?

1349794189[/url]' post='214855']
1349488854[/url]' post='214772']

Here's an even better deal for Magix' 20th anniversary.

http://www.magix.com...-maker/premium/

G

Yeah, I saw this, but it looks like it includes the more stripped-down "Magix Music Studio" version. I've never messed with Music Maker, but have always been curious about it. I assume it's more for loop and sample-based production, rather than multi-track recording--is that correct?

Music Studio is more like Samplitude, but with more of the Music Maker plugins and loop handling.Music Maker can be used as a regular DAW, but is built more for get-in-and-go looping and setting up quick music beds.It also has a live performance and 'song maker' features that Samplitude does not have.

(I for one wish that Samplitude at LEAST had a similar live performance feature)cool.gif

Greg

They removed the take manager after version 16, so it's totally useless for loop recording. I'm still on version 16. Very robust. Never let me down in the last four years. I have it running on my laptop. If they bring back the take manager I might buy it again, because I do like the efx plug ins.

They removed the take manager after version 16, so it's totally useless for loop recording. I'm still on version 16. Very robust. Never let me down in the last four years. I have it running on my laptop. If they bring back the take manager I might buy it again, because I do like the efx plug ins.

Wow, I expected it to be gone from lite-weight "Magix Music Studio", but the Take Manager is also missing from Samplitude Music Studio! I'm running the trial version (of SMS2013), and there's no way to access the Take Manager anymore, even though there are still references to it in the manual!

Wow, I expected it to be gone from lite-weight "Magix Music Studio", but the Take Manager is also missing from Samplitude Music Studio! I'm running the trial version (of SMS2013), and there's no way to access the Take Manager anymore, even though there are still references to it in the manual!

I already contacted Magix about it last year when I purchased Music Studio MX, and they said it's a decision the marketing division made!!!!!!!!! :blink: