onebaldguy

The End of Vandal?

So do we take it that Vandal will be no more?...........

Cheers,

Bob.

There is a guy in Hamburg, called Peter Kah. He is riding the dead horse, doing presets for Vandal. Check him.

Cheers,

Bob.

There is a guy in Hamburg, called Peter Kah. He is riding the dead horse, doing presets for Vandal. Check him.

:-)

Ta.

Cheers,

Bob.

I'm not sure that you mean by that statement Bob.

Regards

Kraznet

I'm not sure that you mean by that statement Bob.

Oh no! Sorry for my misleading wording. I meant the other guy...

Because I don´t ride a dead horse but an underdog. And this dog is very lively and wild... and I like it so much.

Best regards

Peter

Hey Kraznet.

I was wondering, now that Sascha is elsewhere with his app developments, whether there will be any updates to Vandal?

He posted a very long while ago that there would be, but I've seen nothing.

It's not the end of the World as I know it, but it would be a pity.

Cheers,

Bob.

This is for Bob, Kraznet (thanks again for all your tips on numerous occasions), and anybody else curious.

Bob, please allow me to help cure your wonderitus. Myself and a few others were in touch with Sascha on other forum and he had this to say on March 27 of this year it is very recent intel.

I really don't know what will happen to Vandal. The folks already fixed a couple of things in the main code branch, and perhaps it gets some little maintainance update every now and then. They already released the new x64 (Windows) version and the new Mac variants, lately, although it wasn't stirred up much.

I'm currently back for more studio-type fx programming, and as I never wanted to cannibalize prior work, I don't think u-he will release a Vandal rival any time soon. We already got enough different stuff on our agenda, and that really is a lot, to say the least... smile.png

That's probably the best answer you'll get anywhere unless you can convince Tim to get the team involved to develop it further. Looks like the Magix team already got its plate full and the latest has been supporting the whole Magix suite as native vsts for those wanting to use many of the legacy plugins like AM suite (including the revered Ammunition) in other hosts.

Good luck for now.

Cheers,

AC

This is for Bob, Kraznet (thanks again for all your tips on numerous occasions), and anybody else curious.

Bob, please allow me to help cure your wonderitus. Myself and a few others were in touch with Sascha on other forum and he had this to say on March 27 of this year it is very recent intel.

I really don't know what will happen to Vandal. The folks already fixed a couple of things in the main code branch, and perhaps it gets some little maintainance update every now and then. They already released the new x64 (Windows) version and the new Mac variants, lately, although it wasn't stirred up much.

I'm currently back for more studio-type fx programming, and as I never wanted to cannibalize prior work, I don't think u-he will release a Vandal rival any time soon. We already got enough different stuff on our agenda, and that really is a lot, to say the least... smile.png

That's probably the best answer you'll get anywhere unless you can convince Tim to get the team involved to develop it further. Looks like the Magix team already got its plate full and the latest has been supporting the whole Magix suite as native vsts for those wanting to use many of the legacy plugins like AM suite (including the revered Ammunition) in other hosts.

Good luck for now.

Cheers,

AC

Thanks mate - I appreciate that.

Cheers,

Bob.

Providing that Vandal does the job it's supposed to do there is no reason for it to "end". It will always be there and always work with the setup it was designed to work with but who knows what the future holds. Providing they do the occasional bug fix I see no problem. A lot of its to do with personal perception.

My friend who is a guitarist uses Vandal and never stops waxing lyrical about how great it is. He was a confirmed non virtual guitarist until I introduced him to it. He was sceptical at first but as soon as he plugged his guitar in he was sold. even I was surprised by his reaction . But he uses it literally as a virtual guitar amp. He plugs in, chooses one of his saved presets makes a few tweaks like one would with a real guitar amp and he's away. No worries about having noisy or bad connections or valves needing replacement. He's constantly incredulous about how a piece of computer software can make such an amazing sound. It's a continuous voyage of discovery as far as he's concerned. As long as there are no system glitches or software crashes he's in heaven.

Regards

Kraznet

Providing that Vandal does the job it's supposed to do there is no reason for it to "end". It will always be there and always work with the setup it was designed to work with but who knows what the future holds. Providing they do the occasional bug fix I see no problem. A lot of its to do with personal perception.

My friend who is a guitarist uses Vandal and never stops waxing lyrical about how great it is. He was a confirmed non virtual guitarist until I introduced him to it. He was sceptical at first but as soon as he plugged his guitar in he was sold. even I was surprised by his reaction . But he uses it literally as a virtual guitar amp. He plugs in, chooses one of his saved presets makes a few tweaks like one would with a real guitar amp and he's away. No worries about having noisy or bad connections or valves needing replacement. He's constantly incredulous about how a piece of computer software can make such an amazing sound. It's a continuous voyage of discovery as far as he's concerned. As long as there are no system glitches or software crashes he's in heaven.

Regards

Kraznet

Great anecdote, Kraznet. You sure have a way with words biggrin.png

Regards

Kraznet

Great anecdote, Kraznet. You sure have a way with words biggrin.png

+1

That was so in appearance of VANDAL because all Plugins developed by Sascha are ingenious. With VANDAL 1.105 came a significant improvement by using a footcontroller. Meanwhile, we have 1.108 and with the patch 12.3.0.216 were some bugs fixed in ProX.

The end of VANDAL? For me, no question!

Regards

Peter