Life_inc

Pitch shifting and time stretching upon opening saved projects.

Hello new to the forum but been using samplitude a while ,however just recently I have had some rather weird things happen.

Upon saving and closing a project. And then opening it up again. The whole VIP pitch and time shifts so the recordings either sound like chipmunks or demons In a cave.

I'm at a loss to what may cause this as they are saved sounding fine and then do this strange this when re opening.

Any ideas to he

P me out would be great.

Not sure this applies to your situation, but I ran into this after editing my WAV files using an external editor and that editor changed the sample rate and/or bit depth. I had to delete all the extra Samplitude (.H2 and .HDP) files, then reload the project to get it to play right again.

I can't say I've ever experienced that problem before. There's no reason why a project should be pitch shifted upon reopening it. Particularly if the entire project has changed pitch. It's a long shot but it may be worth right clicking on the large circular control on the right of the transport. Make sure that Varipitch/Varispeed isn't ticked.

t1l7.jpg

Regards

Kraznet

It also changes the speed, could it be a sample rate problem and that samplitude is loading different default perimeter when I open it? If so is there a way to find out at what settings the original VIP was created with?

Had a look today and the varipitch option is not ticked. But I did try changing the play back sample rate. Switching it from 44100 to some thing else and back solved the play back problem but just until I hit stop. When pressing play again or exporting the file as mp3 the same slowing down occurs.

just a shot in the dark, as there is no info about your configuration:

could be that the soundcard driver has a different setting and samplitude can not set it, as it needs.

check your sounddriver-configuration dialog, if the samplerate is the same as the projects.

what driver model do you use? asio?

try to set it manually if it differs from the project.

mathias

I have this all the time with my motu 2408. Shitty driver.

Look in your Windows Sound configuration an try setting the correct samplerate here. Ther is often a conflict between Windows sounds and ASIO.

Just a guess.

Georg

If I manually ajuga the project one open and the change the sample rate to somthing the it back to 44100 it will play, as soon as I close the play back dialogue box it switches back. To the slowed version. My sound card is external USB 2 taskam us 122l .

It's control panel allows me to only change latency settings, no option for play back, but states a sample rate of 44100.

As previously said. Look into Windows sound settings.

Your soundcard obviously switches back to the samplerate that is set in the control panel of windows.

Georg