dreece1

Independence Pro 3.1 full 70 gb

OK Got this for my birthday as having a lot of problems with Cubase 7.5 and their own VSTi's.

Basically since version 7.0 to the new incarnation their software hasn't worked properly especially with VST S3 format.

Anyway I remember activating Orchestra II some years back.

I reloaded the free version and added my orchestra II and then loaded the VSTi into the VST folder in Cubase 7.5.

Suddenly my projects which have not worked for the past year and a bit now work with no drop outs etc....

This prompted me to get The pro version with 70 gb library.

I had a minor hiccup with activating it and all is now ok.

The only problem I see is with some instrument eg YT Candy - Alto Saxophone > vibrato legato only has a sound bit of 6 seconds long.

In my project the sax's last note is 11 seconds.

I have tried elastique and read the manual end to end and can find no feasible way of changing this?

Who in their right mind writes a program with samples of 6 seconds if you cant modify them.

I thought this was meant to be the point of Independence you could manipulate the sound etc.....

Any answers, suggestions etc...... gladly welcomed.

I just tested it and I'm getting 8 seconds of sustain. I'm not sure what the workaround it as far as the midi goes. What I would suggest is freezing the note and then copying a section and adding it onto the end until you have the 11 seconds.You will probably have to experiment with the crossfade between the 2 sections and make sure you align the waveforms. I just tried it and it seems to work fairly well. I did quick mp3 render.

01 Sax 11secs.mp3

I've encountered a similar problem with some Inde-Sounds. Some (very few) just break up, especially some synth-patches. I've contacted Support a few weeks back, they know about it already.

OK 3 years on and I have eventually found the answer to this problem.  I have been using polyphone to create sfz/sf2 files. Now there is a point to this.  That piece of software can automatically detect a good place to place a loop in it and play forever how long you wish that note to be and then follow on to close the note.  So you see a sound map with lines etc...  So I am thinking that surely independence has the same features?  Yes it does albeit a very manual one. OK I have attached below how I resolved this issue. 

Indepdence Loop instrument Sound.pdf

That is a wonderful explanation - thanks so much for putting it together and sharing it! Great resource!

Terry