Sign in to follow this  
porkyman

no audio signal

samps not picking up audio signals. sound is coming through but its not registering on the meters. nor is it recording. tried restart. tried new track. i even tried an old project where i know everything was routed correctly. i didnt change anything just hit record on old vocal track and the same problem. i went back in to pro tools to see if it was the mbox driver, but it worked perfectly fine in protools. also tried reaper and it worked there too. its definitely samp.

Which monitoring engine? Did you try to reset the audio .ini? Any chance to get a couple of screenshots of your system settings, especially audio settings? Did it work before and is just not working now? Did you select the correct ASIO driver?

image (1).pngimage.png

i dont know what you mean by reset the audio.... yes it worked before. i have probably 20 projects. i went back into an old project i had worked on the previous night. nothing had changed. hit record on vocal track. same thing. no signal registering or recording on track, you can see in the 2nd screenshot that its recording but its flat lined...its coming through the speakers though.. i also noticed the sound was coming through even without any tracks being record enabled.

i fixed it somehow. it had something to do with the midi button on the track editor. ide turn it off and it kept turning itself back on. i kept wrestling with it and got a message that said something about unlocking cc(idk), or something like that. i clicked yes and now im back in biz.... thanks for your time Stuttgart