matfle

OT: Eventide UltraChannel Native Plug-in Giveaway

How does the the license get on my DAW machine? I am not online with my studio machine.

Please, can you give an exact step by step Someone? Thanks

You can install the ilok licence manager on any other machine as well. There you can load the licence onto your ilok key. Then you have to plug the ilok into your studiocomputer, where the licence manager also has to be installed, of course.

First of all you have to have an ilok account. Did you register with ilok? Then you open the manager, sign in with your ilok accounts username and password. On the left you should see your iloks. On the right there is a list of available licences. If you see the licence there right click on it to "activate" it. You will then be asked on which of your iloks you want to activate it. Select the one, the licence will be "sent" to your connected ilok and you're done. Plug the ilok into your audio-pc and use the plugin. Ilok manager has to be installed on your audio-pc also, but you don't have to open it and you don't have to sign in to be able to use the plugin.

Crashed my session big time when I tried to remove it from a channel during playback. Haven't had a crash like that for a couple of years. The pitch thing is sweet, though.

No crashes here whatsoever. Even tried VST bridge (both directions), loading during playback, removing during playback etc. All fine here.

Put the license on my Ilok....studio computer still doesn't see the Ultrachannel. Othe Ilok plugins work. I ran Eventide installer....dll file is in my VST folder...

Installed Win Ilok Manager on my studio machine. Open it....'NO INTERNET CONNECTION'....no shit...that's the point! How do I proceed? I am missing something obvious.

John,

for this Plugin you ONLY need the ilok manager, not necessarily an ilok dongle.

That's, i guess, the point. You have the license, but on the wrong computer (your internet machine)

When you log in to your online account, do you see the Eventide license?

Flohre,

The licebse is in my online Ilok account. I transferred it to my Ilok dongle, installed Ilok Win manager on my studio machine. When I open the Ilok manager it shows 6 licenses but they all say 'unknown' in the product name column. If I try to do anything it tells me 'no Internet connection.' my other Ilok plug ins are working. The Eventude doesn't even show up in dialogs although I know it is installed.

When I click sign in it tells me 'no Internet connection.'

Did you actually check if you have any working internet connection, with your browser for example?

weird...perhaps the only solution would be-aussuming you have an internet connection with your audio-pc-Teamviewer?

I have no Internet connection! I never have. I downloaded the manager and installed it on my studio machine. Why do I need Internet for my machine to talk to the Ilok?

I have no Internet connection! I never have. I downloaded the manager and installed it on my studio machine. Why do I need Internet for my machine to talk to the Ilok?

The iLok Manager software needs to talk to the Internet to download the license. That is why it's looking for the Internet when you start it, and it worked perfectly for me that way.

I don't have the dongle, so I'm not sure how it works if you transfer the license to the dongle using your Internet computer - makes sense that it would work. Maybe, with the dongle, you don't need the iLok Manager software. (Disclaimer: I'm not at all an iLok expert)

Install the iLok manager also on a computer with internet. Log in within the manager, you should see the license coming up under my licenses (think that's what it is called), drag and drop it onto the ilok on the left. Eject, plug into your studio computer which hopefully still has the manager installed (and therefore it has the drivers) and if the channelstrip is installed it should work. It sounds all more complicated than it actually is. Good luck.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.