Sign in to follow this  
STM

note duration in Sequoia 13^

After a while I figured out, that manual graphical note change might not be possible. At the moment it looks like a limitation in fixed note lengths offered by the software. Another thing I could not solve is that all notes are changing lengths when clicking the offered note length boxes, not only the choosen highlighted ones. In this manner polyphonic composition / editing could not be possible. Say: two 16th notes over one eights note and such. I am just starting yet, forgive me for asking this way coming from foreign sequencer software

If there should be a way to use the piano roll editor more individually for this, please leave a note.

THX!

Newbie here, too. smile.png checked back all I could find and know from my more experienced software, with modifier keys also. Feels as if I switched in a lock mode somewhere, but not sure. Continous (non quantized) length changes with intuitive mouse motion are not possible at the moment, only fixed quantization settings (w/ note buttons) changing all visible notes. This behaviour is good for quantizing chords to the grid, sure. I am looking for a more polyphonic approach. But Sometimes it might be the case not to lay the note on a grid given length.

Looking forward learning how to...! Any suggestions are welcome

THX a lot

Please read the manual, and the sky is getting clearer.

"The grid view in the MIDI editor corresponds to start quantization value (Q raster). If you also hold down "Alt", then the grid will temporarily be disabled."

Don't give up :)

okay I´ll try a little harder changing individual note length in the midi editor

THX for your help!! Is there a good video out there for this?